Thread: Freeze Tag Location Helper Mod - PurpleElephant

Purple Developer Purple Elephant1au's Avatar

Default Freeze Tag Location Helper Mod - PurpleElephant

Hi
    Thought i would share this mod i made for my server , to help new players when playing freezetag to learn the locations throughout the maps
    I recently got an influx of new players who didn't know where "Stone House" was (The Bridge) for example , and the regulars got a bit annoyed trying to direct them to where they were frozen . So i made this mod to help the new players out ( and some older ones ) to learn the locations abit easier

FreezeTag Location Help Mod - By Purple Elephant

Version 2
    27/05/2013
    *Fixed Bug that causes crashes in linux servers*

Version 1
    27/04/2013

Displays a helpful hud for players who need help with freezetag locations during gameplay.

Designed for new players who have trouble finding places where people are frozen,
    Displays both the full location and body code

So when your walking ( or running and shooting) around a map , it will display the location in which
    you are currently at in the top right. So when you see plays get frozen , you will learn the names of the
    places. Should help new players out

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Requires:
    ---------
    Reborn patch ( latest ) >>> http://www.x-null.net
    Freezetag Gametype to be running !!
    Round to be started aswell
    Uses the mapdesc.scr from mefys mod , so if the map doesnt have the the locations stored , it skips the map

Note:
    -------
    Uses Reborn Spawn Event -Although you could change it to your preferred spawn event.
    Uses ihuddraws Numbers 182 - 185

Usage:
    --------

ADD the following line to your dmprecache , doesnt include one.
    exec global/location_help.scr

Cvars -

location_help "#" // 1 for ON // 0 for OFF // Doesnt require restart of map to start , starts on next time you spawn
    help_scantime "#" // Sets ( in seconds ) how long each update on the location is , setting too low could cause lag , default is 5 seconds
    help_text_color "purple" // Sets the color of the displayed text , Colors include Purple , Blue , Green , Red , White , and a Special "rainbow" setting
    which cycles through each color and repeats until changed

Players hold the [USE] key down at spawn to activate

Please tell me if theres an error or problem in it . Also any feedback or suggestions is always welcome
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Purple Elephant1au; June 20th, 2013 at 12:19 AM.

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :
    103.29.85.127:12203
    xfire: purpleelephant1au
    email: purpleelephant1au@gmail.com
    skydrive: PurpleElephantSkydrive

it doesnt work for me