Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: fYC-AMPv2.04 LITE [Final] (Advanced Mod Pack)

I couldn't picture playing an FPS without being able to lean. I think STALKER was the first game that didn't have leaning in it and I disliked it.

I could be wrong but didnt the new MOH games not have lean as they could not fix wall clipping ?

Well not sure http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbkVjH8MWic dont know if they released it as only had the first MOH rboot version release and lean was not available in the MP
    Last edited by heatsinkbod; April 15th, 2013 at 11:58 AM.

I haven't played anything past BT, but I do recall that SH and BT removed leaning when running, though I think it could be done via client engine hooking if someone wanted to.

Flock run !!! - I have not run since 2004, I am the one behind the beer barrel waiting lol......... but I am not a camper just my gym account expired

Thanks for the responses. I can understand how any mods could be considered an advantage when no one else is using the same mods, ie. scopes.

Quote Originally Posted by own3mall View Post
    I have a problem with the following:

Amplified Sound
    fYC Neon Accuracy Scope
    Scripts (Quick-Scope[2] & Silent-Shot)
    Bug-Free Lean Toggles

Does your mod work with cvars? Some of this does sound good, don't get me wrong, but other features seem to give an advantage to players using this mod.
    Amplified Sound - I have added new high quality sounds for the main menu, weapons, explosions, more bullet zings, additional death cries, health pickup, and possibly a few more minor sound enhancements. I don't believe any of these would gain an advantage.
    fYC Neon Accuracy Scope - A clean neon green accuracy scope designed to work with customizable crosshairs. This is NOT a "full" scope. It is similar to the stock ally scope with a neon color added to some of it along with an open gap in the center in order to allow a visual of what you are aiming at without the center of the scope getting in the way.
    Scripts (Quick-Scope[2] & Silent-Shot) - I added these scripts because of popular demand. I know many others out there use similar scripts. Modtheater approved it so I thought that it would be fine to include.
    Bug-Free Lean Toggles - Similar explanation as the scripts mentioned above (Quick-Scope[2] & Silent-Shot).

As for working with CVARs, I guess that depends on which CVARs you are referring to. There are CVARs that I have changed for client protection (Admin Abuse, will get more into that in a moment...) and a fix for the demo file recording (g_synchronousclients).

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Quick question:
    Admin Abuse Alert
    Admin Abuse Protection
    These 2 features... How do they work, and I guess how or what would be considered abuse?
    Admin Abuse Protection - With experience, there have been many times where admins would abuse our game settings by forcing players to say something, changing/unbinding binds, forcing our game to crash or quit, and many other changes to players' configurations causing the game to be unplayable. That being said, many CVARs have been changed or removed to prevent any unauthorized (forced) changes from occurring.
    Admin Abuse Alert - This addition applies to the Admin Abuse Protection which will alert the player when the admin has forced an unwelcome change to your settings along with a displayed message describing what the admin has attempted to force on you. Along with the displayed message, an audible alarm will sound.

Quote Originally Posted by heatsinkbod View Post
    Nice work on the Mod electrickrypt, always great to see people still releasing stuff for MOHAA and some great features in this mod many thanks........

I agree with Own3mall on his points raised though - with out playing and testing all these features myself would be wrong for me to comment to much but also things like Amplified Textures & Bullet Holes Amplified Weapons can also be seen as an advantage..........

The thing is yeh some of the features are enhancements and its down to personal preference on what you like......but the problem with some of them they are enhancement all be it small but the client using it ends up with small advantages.......

Dont get me wrong many players play with mods similar to above and dont see them as cheats but we have had many discussions here where the line is crossed with some of these.............

In my own opinion I love many of these mods but unless every player has them then I do see them as unfair

Now then if this was done server side and the new Reborn client autodownloads them to ALL the players then the server becomes a modded server but all players get all the enhancements and can all have a fair game all using the mods then if you dont like the mods you dont have to play on that server

So I hope you will be continuing your great efforts and getting a server side mod ready for Reborn
    You are pretty much on the same page I am. I first started this mod for myself and ended up expanding it enough to share. Included in this mod are client fixes and some preventions of client cheats/abuse of CVARs. I am continuing to work on this mod and already have implemented some more enhancements along with another graphic enhancement. As I mentioned on my first post, I plan on working on an "Ultra Lite" version of this mod. Then I wanted to work on a full client fix along with full map fixes and enhancements. Though, I haven't been around here for a while now and I now see that you guys are already into the client patch production. Perhaps I can jump on the bandwagon and help out. I've told James in the past that I would love the job of helping fix up, enhancing, and optimizing the stock maps for a client patch release. Maybe I can go further than that. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I'm not really fond of leanbinds, quick-scope scripts and stuff.. although I don't kick players who are using it on my server though (sometimes I want to xD).

I was curious about what the following feature actually does:
    CoD2 Hit Direction Indicator
    CoD2 Hit Direction Indicator - With a stock installation of mohaa, your hit indicator is implemented in the compass. When you are hit, a red flash will appear from the direction you are getting hit from. I changed that by making a hit indicator appearing more in the center of the screen. It is the same one and method used in CoD2.
    Last edited by electrickrypt; April 15th, 2013 at 06:08 PM.
    "This bullet is... fOR YOUR CRANIUM!™""
    fYCcreationZ™

Installed it and I like it, did not test all of the features but can say so far realy nice work. It did actually helped me getting a nice fullscreen 1920x1080 with accurate fps with just some clicks, my fullscreen was before somewhat glitchy.
    Just one thing im not happy with though which are the sounds, I like the original sounds more is there a way to get them back?

nonononononoonononono, this is no good, u cant scope and stuff thats cheating, agree with ownemall

Quote Originally Posted by JoTo View Post
    Installed it and I like it, did not test all of the features but can say so far realy nice work. It did actually helped me getting a nice fullscreen 1920x1080 with accurate fps with just some clicks, my fullscreen was before somewhat glitchy.
    Just one thing im not happy with though which are the sounds, I like the original sounds more is there a way to get them back?
    Open the pk3 and delete the 'SounD' folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimbips View Post
    nonononononoonononono, this is no good, u cant scope and stuff thats cheating, agree with ownemall
    I don't agree with a scope being considered as a cheat as they have been 100's of them all over mod site. I do know that 'fullscopes' are the kind that are considered cheats.

Thanks.
    fYCcreationZ™

Anyone out there with some more feedback? Any is appreciated as I am spending some time on working on a new update if anyone is even interested. If not, I will more than likely release updates for my own pleasure. :P

Thanks,
    electrickrypt
    fYCcreationZ™

Well I tested it once, but it was too chaotic for me (too many changes and differences). So I uninstalled it right away.. so can't give a proper feedback besides what I just wrote haha.
    Just wasn't my thing.