Thread: Resize ui_minicon Mini Console

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Resize ui_minicon Mini Console

Is there something you could do server size to make mini-console (set ui_minicon 1) bigger and show more text? I'm not sure if it can't be modified server side to apply to clients...
    Browse MOHAA Servers Post GameSpy Era

VISIT MOHREBORN.COM FOR LATEST INFORMATION

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!
    Add your Medal of Honor Server to the Master List
    YouTube Video for Medal of Honor: Query Launcher and MOHAASERVERS.TK!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

Or make:

Code:
    notepad qconsole.log -e
    Notepad opens at the bottom of the file?

I'd really like to be able to stufftext load the console on a client... sucks that you can't do this... if it's possible, no one has figured it out yet.

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

I looked into it briefly and couldn't figure it out. RR might know a way.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

You can't resize minicon server-side or do the trick with notepad. What do you want to achieve exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Razo[R]apiD View Post
    You can't resize minicon server-side or do the trick with notepad. What do you want to achieve exactly?
    How do you resize/move it from clientside please?

If I understood you correctly, i.e. forcing the console to pop up on the clients HUD, then why not stufftext the command: "toggleconsole"?

Somewhat related:

You may not have noticed yet, but not all console prints will appear in the minicon. It'll prefer error debug over other debug coming from the game.
    Morpheus Script (MoH) => You try to shoot yourself in the foot only to discover that MorpheusScript already shot your foot for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sor View Post
    If I understood you correctly, i.e. forcing the console to pop up on the clients HUD, then why not stufftext the command: "toggleconsole"?

Somewhat related:

You may not have noticed yet, but not all console prints will appear in the minicon. It'll prefer error debug over other debug coming from the game.
    toggleconsole doesn't work. It says unknown command. Yet, that is what the "`" is bound to. There's been threads before at modtheater with people trying to do the same thing, but no one has gotten it to work. Minicon does show the results of path and dir... just not enough screen to show it. Notepad would show path and dir, but it doesn't scroll down to the end of the file, so it's useless.

I'd just like to force the console window up, as I am sending stufftext commands of path and dir to catch hackers and screenshot the output.

I wrote a script that would do essentially 5 screenshots:

action, models, scores, path, dir --- then I send the player to a thread with draws on their huds common hack textures if they exist. I know that method sucks and won't catch everything, but hey, that's 6 steps they'd have to clear...

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods

Quality Game Servers

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

I bet that popping up console is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Razo[R]apiD View Post
    I bet that popping up console is possible.
    If you could figure out how, I'd worship you even more.

I wasn't able to figure out how to do it.

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods

Quality Game Servers

well, forcing the console command on a particular client would require the use of stufftext() no?
    And since we have stufftext validation put in place, I don't see why uou couldn't do something like stufftext console "1" (or whatever the command for it is)
    And since console is resizable, I'm sure the value of the window is stored somewhere in memory, but I'm pretty sure it's clientside...

so, it would be something like this..

stufftext console "1"
    ReadProcessMemory() <--- get the values in memory that tell what size the console is
    if the return value isn't the same as the screen resolution then to
    WriteProcessMemory() <--- force it to full screen
    Send screenshot