Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bitcoins ?

But if you start now its not worth it right?

Well even when it was 200 per bit coin, that's still quite a risk to take, but I get what you're saying. Basically it's a nice investment for someone that already has money to "waste" gamble. Unfortunately I can't take that risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelpitje View Post
    But if you start now its not worth it right?
    I dunno that.

There was recently a story about a young norwegian who happened to own bitcoins worth of 27 dollars some years ago coz of some not serious trade. At that time a bitcoin was just worth eqal to a cent or less. He then remembered it recently and is a multi millionare today.

Lets do a calculation, hypoway:

If lets say the Euro would be replaced in lets say 10 years by Bitcoins then going from a today volume of Euro which is 1800 billions. https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...etary_base.png
    Now lets assume in 10 years all bitcoins have been mined which is 22 million.
    If Euro is replaced by Bitcoins 1:1 then we get: 81818,181 Euro per Bitcoin as of today ~ 112090 $

Well it wont happen that the Euro will be replaced by Bitcoin (though who knows) but you also have to see that Bitcoins are global so the potential is even higher than just replacing the Euro.

@James

Isn't directly gambling, more speculating. But you need to correct your view on it, since Bitcoin is a currency not a product or share you buy and speculate on rising worth in the future.
    If you, lets say would get a part of your salary in Bitcoins and you can also pay your usual stuff in Bitcoins (food, bills etc.) you won't notice a difference if you are using Dollars or Bitcoins aslong the worth is the same.
    Point is, If you save a part of your salary Bitcoins may have a higher potential then the Dollar to be of higher worth as time goes by.

The more you mine bitcoins the fewer "undiscovered" bitcoins remain and it also get's mathematically harder to mine them every time someone mines a bitcoin so technically the value of each bitcoin should go up over time because it requires more resources to get them so if I had bitcoins now I would not sell them for $960 right away.If I purchased more than 1 bitcoins way back then I would probably sell one right now just to cover all the expenditures associated with their purchase.
    But on other hand, there are bunch of more virtual currencies that are being created right now and this will artificially lower BitCoin's value in my opinion.I'm talking about LiteCoin and other "coin"-s.Also keep in mind that feds are after companies who are handling bitcoin trade but are not properly registered as a financial institution so I think there will be more shakeups in bitcoin world in future.Some bitcoin exchanges can also get hacked and coins can be stolen if they are not managed properly like that happened to Mt Gox once I think.Some others can easily claim they were hacked and simply steal everyone's bitcoins and I doubt you could catch them so be careful where you keep your Bitcoins hehe
    Camp another day.
    Barbarossa