Thread: Maximum banned IPs reached

Default Maximum banned IPs reached

hello guys...i had a problem which i never expected....that the ipfilter.cfg reached max number of banned IPs ( 2080 Ips ) so i couldn't add any more IPs and the ban function on our admin menus stopped working.
    so i had to delete like a thousand so that i can be able to ban again...and it works now.

thing is...is there any possible way to increase the max IPs limit ? or we should have less banning rates ?

LOL thats a lot of bans - can you not ban some IP ranges instead of just individual IP's ?

wov's obj server is a high ranked one and always full....of players and cheaters ofc lol
    and some clean guys may fall in the same IP range so they would be banned for nothing...kinda suck tbh..

so i thought someone could help me with a way to increase the banned ips limit

Take GsProtector, move old / existing bans to GsP's banlist (unlimited bans). Erase ipfilter.cfg and use IP banning as usual. If you hit the limits merge banlists again and so fort
    Gamers Network - www.scapp.net

I'd definitely prune the ban list every once in a while, especially if you consider that almost all clients on the net have dynamic IP addresses.
    Standard lease times on dynamic IPs range from a few hours to two weeks. This means that every cheater you banned will have a new
    IP address sooner or later, even he is knows nothing the Internet Protocol and does nothing about it.
    Morpheus Script (MoH) => You try to shoot yourself in the foot only to discover that MorpheusScript already shot your foot for you.

The Pool from where they get the IP addresses doesnt change (not considering that IP pools of provider changes here), its also likely probable that they get the same addresses every now and then

thanks guys

ey Joto...i've downloaded all the files available for GsProtector in the download section on scapp.net
    and i found loads of files in each .rar file....is there any easier guide lines or something ?

You only need GsProtector itself, use version 3.81

ok man thank you