Ok well X-null guys are going to concentrate on the patch / client IMO this is good news as their was so much going on all the projects I think was ending up to much going on on the ground but must say some amazing achievements!!!! well done all

So for the Map and Mod database on AAAA current status -:

We've decided that we close Map/Mod Database project and AAAA's database is the current one until anything better/simplier comes in.
Razer
Have started asking for feed back on AAAA and also had this feed back from another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by own3mall View Post
I'll still finish mine. I just haven't had the time, so go ahead and use heatsink's for now. With KFM, I've actually added some really cool features that make admin work easy and fast. Uploading is as easy as possible, but at the moment, I don't have enough time to upload everything. I still need to tweak a few things before it goes live... it just needs a test run.

I'm going to be frank, and I think this will not be taken well, but I really don't like heatsink's AAAA because of the following:

Design is cluttered and hurts my eyes
Too complicated for anyone to spend the time to upload files (I find it amazing someone has even done it so far...)
AAAA name makes no sense
AAAA is hosted in UK. USA & Latin American players won't like this...
Graphics scheme is too dark

I don't like KFM because:

Google probably won't like it for searching and archiving files

Heatsink's could be awesome, but it needs a major overhaul in terms of css and design, and name? I'd be willing to donate www.mohaamods.com to heatsink for the moddb part if we could make it awesome.
Hi Own3mall will try to sort out some of these issues you pointed out -:

Design is cluttered and hurts my eyes

mmm well the main AAAA home page is very busy but a lot going on as we run hosting, leagues and so on but understand that wont be every ones cup of tea the way its formatted - but have stripped a lot out last few weeks - but for the main Map Database and Mod Database pages for myself and Shadow we feel they are well laid out and clean - they were slow but have speeded them up a lot since. But if you can hit me with more detail on the bits you feel are bad would try to see what I can do.

Too complicated for anyone to spend the time to upload files (I find it amazing someone has even done it so far...)
Yep agreed - Spoke with Shadow - I made a lot of changes from feed back from Shadow but he got into it quick and was happy with it but myself and Shadow both agreed that for some one new going to upload for the first time theirs a lot going on but that's mainly down to wanting to capture as much info as possible and not just be a file repository. So to address this have started work on the top half being basic with an option to go advanced to see all the other fields. This will be done on both the map and mod database to make the upload process cleaner.

AAAA name makes no sense
Oh well thats a case of all the MOHAA related site names were taken or were to expensive so we got the domain name MOHAAAA cheap - it helps with google searches as it has MOHAA in it as for AAAA -:
Amalgamated - Meaning - "to join two or more organizations" Well we started with a few clans that wanted to create a community
Allied - The MOHAA game
Assault - The MOHAA game
Alliance - an organization of people (or countries) involved in a pact or treaty - again used as we were all getting together for MOHAA

So we are not just a Map or Mod database its a community

AAAA is hosted in UK. USA & Latin American players won't like this...
Well can see that being a hosting problem but for the map and mod database I dont see that as a problem - the website is hosted on a 1gb link so will enable fast upload and download speeds - and where ever a site is hosted it will will always have area's of higher responses - think of the poor Australians

Graphics scheme is too dark
Well if we did a light theme then others would say it was to bright - Its a Drupal based site so no problem with having the option to go multi theme - just never bothered as first feed back had to say its to dark so will look into finding an alternate Theme.

Heatsink's could be awesome, but it needs a major overhaul in terms of css and design, and name? I'd be willing to donate www.mohaamods.com to heatsink for the moddb part if we could make it awesome.
Ok well happy to look at all that - If you get chance take a look at these to see what sort of theme style layout and colours you are thinking of http://drupal.org/project/themes/ on the filter select "Filter by compatibility" Version 6 - Their are a few based on Fusion I have that loaded so can use them - If you can find one you like from the free ones I can see what we can do as using that as a starting point to revamp it all.

Thanks for feed back and being honest helps a lot to get feed back good or bad

So I will do my best to improve what we have so far........................

So things in progress is reducing a lot of the content on the main AAAA page as from feed back this is info overload so we have strpped a lot out already

Next from feed back direct access....well the database can be accessed without registering and at one stage we had allowed downloads without registering which is cool that's the whole point to share and promote MOHAA but we were getting site ripped by multiple users - I throttled back the downloads as the bandwidth usage still went through the roof and tripled one week. This was not like downloading a few maps a few users were trying to download all the maps

So we have a bulk download tool now.... this is not available to normal registered users - It works well where you can select multi maps and it compresses into a single zip file automatically where you can download fast BUT!! we are not giving this out to public unless we are approached and asked........
Why ? well if some one wants to site rip and not input in any format - that can be support help by helping to upload or comments and updating the map records with feed back and fixes and info or donation towards hosting cost then IMO not a fair deal................

If someone got in touch with us and said they wanted to host all MOHAA maps some where else and wanted to help promote MOHAA then we would look into it as a community and talk about it but site rippers do my head in...............

I am sure a few wont agree with this but all we are asking is dont site rip ask and if the cause helps MOHAA then yeh the whole point is to keep this maps and distribute.

So after more feed back on the following -:

1.Main Map / Mod database landing page - index and main page layout clean and simple ???? more features required ????

2.Map and Mod upload screens... Well lots of changes needed here agreed its like filling in a survey form - Have started to change layout and think we need to review the fields that are required but its like for example video upload - this may come from say xfire video upload or could be direct link - What I need to do is merge that in to one multi choice drop down or some thing I guess also trying to do a basic quick upload and then advanced upload so some fields are hidden and optional..........

3.Main map or display screen for each record - well need feed back on that not sure I think all key info at the top and all optional stuff below and its like on a page and a half so not like you need to scroll loads ???

4.Theme yep once we have a tidy up we look at bringing in a new light theme

5.Anything else please feed back