Thread: Medal of Honor: Community Launcher

Default Medal of Honor: Community Launcher

Hello Everyone,

For the last few weeks I have been working on a new Launcher for Medal of Honor:Allied Assault. It has many features designed to help get players into the game as fast as possible. Today is the release, so I figured I would post the information here for everyone to check out. I want to thank those here that helped answer several questions I had during development.

communitylauncher052720.jpg

https://www.moddb.com/mods/medal-of-...unity-launcher

Medal of Honor Community Launcher 1.0.0.3 Feature List:

-Automatic Update
    -Launch MOHAA & Expansions from any directory of your choosing
    -Automatic High Settings & 1080P Screen Resolution by Default
    -Custom Screen Resolution Support & Windowed Mode
    -Gamespy Master Server replaced by Community Master Server (XNULL)
    -Widescreen Compass Fix, Skip Video Intro, Vertical Sync, and FPS Counter
    -xNull Server Browser Installer & Launcher
    -Install-able US/UK CD Patches from Right Side of Launcher (Click the Arrow!)
    -10 Rotating Backgrounds made from Allied Assault Artwork

Credits

//Medal of Honor: Community Launcher Development Credits

//Coding Designers
    |DOS|Maj. Keel
    JarD

//Internal Test Team
    |DOS| Clan Members: Keymaster, Scholl, Fubar, Ace, Windridge, Slygathor, and Sharpshooter (https://dosclan.org)
    Mitchel[NL]
    MostaFA-MOH
    Juninho8Slo
    V6k

//Special Thanks
    All xNull Developers - Saving the Medal of Honor Community with a Master Server and Countless Tools!
    xNull own3mall - Developing the MOH Reborn Server Query Tool!
    xNull James - MOHAA Config files explained and other information.
    MostaFA-MOH - Launcher Ideas and Inspiration!
    Unknown Developer of Widescreen Compass Fix for Spearhead and Breakthrough
    The countless tutorials and little bits of code from all over the Internet for VB.net.

//Additional MOH:CL Information:
    MOH:CL was designed to work with the GOG, EA Origin, and US/UK CD versions of the game. It is also capable of working with the fan managed Revival version of the game. It may be compatible with other versions/languages, but this is not actively tested or verified.

All EA logos and artwork are the property of EA Games and 2015. This project is distributed freely to allow more people to enjoy the Medal of Honor Series.

Very cool release! Thank you for the share.
    So from the screenshot it looks like you click "Apply all settings" first and then choose the game you want to play right?

What language did you build this in?

Also just my opinion on this.. Some users may find it a little difficult to read the white font on the background image.
    Maybe if you made the launcher just a little bit longer (vertically) and then have the font on a static background so it's easier to read.

Yes, you click apply all settings and then just choose the game to play, if you make any changes just apply all settings again. It is built in VB.net.

Well from the testers I had requests for background images to be used. I tried not to pick anything extremely hard to read. If I have to I can make them a bit darker in the future to improve readability. I appriciate all input from you guys here and any other fan.