Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Collision

You want to spawn the Metal Clip tanks use on custom models .... i often wondered if that was possible myself when i spawned tanks in stock maps ... if i remember right you can only use them if they were added by the mapper when making the map (theyre usually hidden in the map somewhere), i only ever found one that wasnt used but it let me spawn a truck with a metal clip once i found it. You can of course use them as many times as you like but using them with custom models ... the shape/size would differ to your new model.

Is it possible to spawn the metal clip ... im not sure, tried myself but failed all those yrs ago lol.

Developer

I know that we are adding it to the map in the creation process. But there are for example the single maps without source .map files. I have the mask in a single .map file with script_object classname, then i transfer it to my compiled map via script or something. So i could use the custom vehicles on existing maps with collision and not only solid.

Ah im sure JV done something to add to a second BSP like a BSQ (Obj_team1.BSQ?)or something in a bot map in Obj_team1, that might just work if you can replicate what he added, maybe that is possible then Will it work clientside? Not sure. Of course the Autodownloader will make all that possible.
    Last edited by Cobra {sfx}; July 30th, 2014 at 09:15 AM.

Developer

And how can i make that thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Veers View Post
    And how can i make that thing?
    *google knocked ur door*

Developer

If you can't say something smart, be quiet!

It's not that kind of stuff we can just google and make. Much harder to do.

You would make a very small map with your vehicle clips added, give them their targetnames then compile it and save it the same name as your maps BSP (in a different location so you dont overwrite the main BSP), then rename the BSP to BSQ and add the BSQ to the maps folder your main BSP is in, you can then via script give the vehicles their collision like ... $tank1.target = $tank1.clip (check syntax im rusty), im not 100% sure it was BSQ (also try BSP2?) as it was a long time ago but that would make sense in the map loading stage, as it would load the P then the Q, youll have to test it and let me know, i cant remember the name of the mod JV made but it was using Bots in Obj_Team1, he added something in a second BSP for it to load extras. Would it work serverside ... hmmm dunno - the metal clip is used in all maps i would imagine ... you let me know ... added to the patch - should work a treat if the BSQ thing is right - would just need a very small map to fit them in and make sure this map is placed below the main BSPs height in radiant so theyre out of the way

You should be able to load the vehicle clips into Radiant and save them as prefabs, might make your life easier when adding to BSQs

EDIT: Its setcollisionentity ($blah setcollisionentity $blah_clip) via script
    Last edited by Cobra {sfx}; July 31st, 2014 at 08:51 AM.

Developer

Hmm, very insteresting thing. I will try this and let you know about the result.
    No needs server-side because i want to do this with my BA2 mod and that's client-side.

Developer

Neither method is working. Are you in contact with JV or can you somehow detect how to do this?

Ill email him now, were there any errors?
    Last edited by Cobra {sfx}; August 1st, 2014 at 10:24 AM.