Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Again new mod idea

But I wonder, how can one improve the stock spectator mode without bugging Razo about it?

I, personally, prefer to keep it separate or else the line between hard-coding or soft-coding an idea (which is feasible with both) will be unnecessarily blurred.

Banned

the only thing I hear people asking for is follow player even after they die,

so you just use a script to find the player and auto move the player to their position...

and then for non spectate mode...the mod as it is..but used proper.
    the mod as it is, could have a few things, checks for death, checks if in spec, follow player after death... abilities to move forward and back to player. ...fix it so your near ent to get the sound...

which leads me to wonder if it would be possible to spawn a sound master and douse a player to it, similar..might be interesting for some fun sound effects,,,

the spec vieuw is oke for me, the only point is when i spec someone and he dies i have to start over finding him....
    sometimes i have to push usebutton 32 times to find him again....and oops pushed 1 time to much...and i can again push 32 times usebutton to find him
    in freez-tag u have some time, but in tdm it drives ya crazy

I'll see what I can do for the normal spectator mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgan View Post
    the question is:

Do admins want a spectate mod (like above, a mod where you can go into a fake spectate and view a player)

or a follow player mod
    - a mod which improves the spectate mode to always follow a certain player, and whatever else can be thought of...aiming checks...

or..both, ..and whichever activates depends on what mode the admin is in to when he activates it.
    Both would be cool. By the way, here's a question for Razo (since I don't think it can be done mod side yet... am usually wrong though), can we spec players in first person? I know counterstrike offers both 3rd and 1st person specing.... would be so cool to spec people in 1st person so many video opportunities etc lol

spec-eye in admin pro gives 1st person vieuw.....