Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Again new mod idea

Default Again new mod idea

Again new mod idea: i never seen it so i guess it dont excist.......is it possible to make a spec mod?....

If im asked to spec someone that probably cheating in a full server its hard to follow the guy becease i have to push usekey all the time to switch to the right person
    and when he dies i can start over again with pushing usekey all the time till i found him again.... oops pressed 1 time to much and can go again..and im talking about freezetag
    if u have to spec someone in tdm with 30, i would go nuts...thats almost impossible...

tips tricks?..

Slimbips, if you use that mod from Leyok's link could you test if the correct person is followed?
    Try it a few times please. When I use the mod it sometimes (well, a lot of the times really) follows
    the wrong player.
    Never figured out if it was only me or an imperfection in the mod.
    I asked the coding-animals here on the forum about it but it seems to be considered a low-priority mod.

Any feedback is appreciated

Low feedbak?...shame yourselfs!!!..:P
    Its the biggest problem in the server......i added auto-pingkick anti-namechanger in admin pro...and i have everything i need in my server.....only the easy-spec thing misses,
    i hear alot people with same problem, i think alot of people would be helped with this, i gonna test it right away

the admin-pro spec-eye....is that oke?....
    it gives me an other vieuw, but when person dies i have to search him again..:O
    Last edited by Slimbips {sfx}; October 7th, 2012 at 01:12 PM.

Maybe we should whine and harass the coders until we drive them crazy!
    Lol, that might work. Or get us banned from the forum for life!

But I agree with you that the spec-view is a very handy tool for admins. A must-have IMO.
    Most, if not all of the code is already floating around on the forum.
    It's just a little ironing-out the imperfections and it should be good to go.

We need a volunteer, gentlemen!

I would do it myself, but my BASIC skills are at this level:

10 goto 20
    20 goto 10
    run...

i will first take a look if i can get that tool working in my admintool....becease i cant use rcon for it
    my admins only use tools and i dont want them to use rcon
    i will figure it out and try the mod

Purple Developer Purple Elephant1au's Avatar

Hi.

Well the Spec mod linked above works kinda alright for me, it follows the right person every time for me, but i havent tested it on a full server .

Yes it has a few flaws in it , but its a good basis to start from , and only needs a few changes to make it work correctly.

I think the main problem is that it doesnt pull you out of normal spectate before following the correct person, so your player still thinks he is following another person.
    so it hears the sound from them instead of the person who you want to follow.

I dont no if you get what i mean tho, but we all know the little thing on the left when in spectate that tells you who you are following?? that changes no matter who y ou are following with spec mod , which means that your not out of normal spectate mode.

I think a simple solution would be to make the mod put you in free float spectate and then glue your player to the one you want to follow. That should fix the sound problem and make it more reliable in staying with the person you want.

I think we all agree that needs a better camera view , either 1st person or atleast normal spectate view.

@midnight

Does is always follow the wrong player or just says its following the wrong player ie Hud on left saying that its Player1 when you want to follow player 1 ??? and sound all weird and hud changes when player 2 dies

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :
    103.29.85.127:12203
    xfire: purpleelephant1au
    email: purpleelephant1au@gmail.com
    skydrive: PurpleElephantSkydrive

It's not that admin-spec is a low priority mod. I said it just seemed low priority to me at the time. Once again, thanks to the start of college, I got bogged down with my AI project.
    I haven't been able to do much since college started and oftentimes when I do have time, I'm not in the right mood because the task is so dauntingly huge and complex.

Actually, I'm tired of hearing myself complain about it (and the people who heard about it probably are too)... I'm sure I'll finish it... one day... if only to find myself all wrinkly and grey-haired
    while MoHAA is buried underneath the sands of time, but I'll still be able to play against bots till my last breath on this planet as I'm bragging about my 'magnum opus' to my grand-children!

Anyway, I did tell you, Midnight, I would consider re-doing this mod by the end of last month. Well all right then, you've convinced me, I'll do it, but not for entirely selfless reasons. Apparently
    there are a few functions I wrote for my AI engine that I can test and use with this. I also lose motivation to do things if it takes a lot of effort or time to get tangible results, so I hope completing
    this little project will boost my resolve.

----

That being said, are there any particular features you'd like to see? I'm aiming for a 'final' version here, so that this problem will be resolved once and for all. For instance did the spec-eye mod
    you posted, Midnight, lock on to a player? In other words, did it return to a player that had died while spectating? I had a quick glance and it seemed as if that wasn't the case.

So far I've got this:
    - Admin only, you are able to put a restriction on its use for other admins with lower rights.
    - Spectating Modes: 3rd Person perspective, 3rd Person Free-Rotation perspective, 1st Person perspective.
    - Use of mathematics instead of a camera entity; should provide smoother spectating. It would also prevent the camera from sticking to the wrong person.

- Lock-ON: Locks on to spectated player and only lets go when player disconnects, goes into spectator mode or when admin wishes to view another player.
    - Persistent Lock-ON: Same as above but stalks player even when he's in spectator mode himself.

- Keypress event is omitted. Switching between players is done by pressing the fire (forwards), and secondary fire (backwards) while using a cvar to designate
    name or client id is completely optional functionality. Also optional is the ability to spectate the nearest person to the admin (filters will be applied).
    - The switch list can be filtered by team (both teams, allies, axis or even spectators).

- Optional functionality to check if spectated player is aiming at someone he shouldn't be able to see and for how long. (it was Elgan's idea, obviously)
    - small HUD interface detailing about the player you are viewing (name, id, ip, kills, deaths, k/d ratio...?) and whether or not he is aiming at a player he can't see (only enemies,
    unless teamkill is on) and if so, how long has he been doing that.
    - another small HUD interface detailing the admin-eye details and options (admins currently using adminEyes, spectating mode, filter, lock-on option etc...)
    and how to change/toggle them.
    Last edited by Sor; October 8th, 2012 at 06:18 AM.

Thanks Sor, ik weet dat ik soms een beetje doordram. Been looking at the mod again and noticed the name
    on the hud isn't correct all the time.
    It -does- look like the right player is followed but the name on the hud isn't displaying the correct name.

For instance, I started following the German officer you see on the screenshot in slot 4. His playername is, say David.
    But somehow the hud incorrectly displays his name as "m". This player named "m" is also on the server, in (for example) slot 7.

So the right player is followed, but a seemingly random name is displayed on the hud. So hence my confusion. The correct player
    is followed, but with a wrong name in the hud.

Lol, am I still making sense to you? I'm confused myself so if you want I can PM you in Dutch and maybe
    explain it better. My technical English is not that good.
    Attached Images Attached Images