Thread: Screenshots?

Default Screenshots?

I wondered if it was possible to make screenshots of players which the admin recieves in his own (server) folders like DMW does.
    This would be a big help against cheaters aswell.

I figured it wouldn't be possible just with the serverside patch, atleast I figured it would have been done already if it was possible, but maybe in combination with the future clientside patch?

Don't know if you guys have thought this over yet, figured I'd just post it.

I stand up for this idea and what is more, video recording/storing with similar method would be very nice too.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Video can be problematic because this will take a lot of place on players HDD, but SS'es - yep, we'll work on this
    And it will have to be included in clientside patch.

Right know as you can see, we still have some problems with server-side stuff. I focus on removing all the crashes and improving code. Then I want to move to the client-side.

Ofc. priorities have to be set
    Take all the time you guys need, we are already very greatfull.

Video's would be nice, but things like that should only come after everything else would be finished, which will take a while, and still it might be to much work..

The video files would contain coordinates or something like in dm3 files. The difference may be: these would be stored on the server and start/stop recording would be as simple as using other commands in the console.

Well, we would need to think about new MOHAA video format and how to play it. Would be nice if we could implement video recording to serverside stuff (coords are sent to client be server so server should probably be capable of recording it too)

wow almost 3 years old.

Well, since clientside is now in the making I want to bump this up and ask if screenshots made on the client can be send to a server folder.

This would be very very good feature if we can - from the MOHAAC experience it can lag the client game a lot, so needs to have flexibility as in on/off how often in auto mode and manual mode so admins can use it on players when they suspect. On Mohaac think Steve ended up using a compression on the images as the default MOHAA screen shots are about 2917KB I guess will depend on Client resolution settings mine are low. Think Steve got them down to 184kb and level of detail was enough still. Attachment 797 This file size is not correct as the format was left as TGA I had to convert to JPG here as forum does not allow tga format.

As TGA format is a large format this file should have been 184kb but by changing format to jpg got it down to 12.0 KB so not sure if it would be possible to Resize and convert within the client ?
    Last edited by heatsinkbod; March 31st, 2013 at 05:52 AM.

It's possible and I'll add it.