Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rules of Scripting

I build the latest anticham by going through all the cheats I could find online (took me a while) and a lot of cheats used the same texture(name), thus I only had to add 1 texture to the list to cover like 10 cheats. Thus my list is reduced to about 87 textures. (I could have reduced it more, but let some common ones in for people who like to copy from other cheats.)
    This blocking about 125 cheats. Ofc. it's easily bypassed, but it's something.

I also have a list somewhere of all cheat textures I could find throughout all cheats, I could send both lists if needed.

Yeah, I agree. Back when I first made my anticham (before it was released on modtheater) I did the same thing, and my list was a lot shorter, and tried to find textures that were common with other cheats. I added other textures to it since then from other people's anticham mods. Are they needed? probably not, like you said, but it had been so long since I checked them I didn't want to take a risk blocking someone.

Ahha, I found the spreadsheet that I made 4 years ago, lol. I blocked all 69 of these cheats listed with 28 textures. Maybe we could compare lists and come up with a good set of textures?
    Last edited by armageddon; September 18th, 2012 at 01:49 PM.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Not in this thread please

Yeah sorry. Shadow, I will send you my list, you send me yours, and we will see what we can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Razo[R]apiD View Post
    Idea about Huddraw IDs. We could make 2 functions, one to get iHuddraw Id and another one for global huddraw. We could divide all 255 indexes into 2 groups, so we would have 125 indexes for iHuddraw, and 125 indexes for huddraw, and 5 indexes reserved for reborn engine.

And mods would use getters to get id's only from certain id groups, so they wouldn't overwrite another huddraws and ihuddraws and huddraws wouldn't get mixed.
    And when the limit gets exceeded, it would return -1 or 256 which should be handled by the mod or will just make huddraw and ihuddraw spawn an error in console.
    Yes I know this is a very old post, but I'm interested in the topic

Did getiHuddrawId and allocating the indexes ever get implemented? I didn't see it anywhere... One of the mods I'm working on uses ihuddraw_xxxx referencing hard-coded indexes, and figured while I was in there I'd change to getting an index as described above. I am new to using huddraw stuff, so hope I'm understanding the intention/purpose above correctly.

Todesengel

Quote Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
    Yes I know this is a very old post, but I'm interested in the topic

Did getiHuddrawId and allocating the indexes ever get implemented? I didn't see it anywhere... One of the mods I'm working on uses ihuddraw_xxxx referencing hard-coded indexes, and figured while I was in there I'd change to getting an index as described above. I am new to using huddraw stuff, so hope I'm understanding the intention/purpose above correctly.

Todesengel
    Well no, but ihuddraw doesn't work like that anyways.
    The only difference between huddraw and ihuddraw is the "i' and the player argument.
    Internally huddraw broadcasts the hud message to all clients, while ihuddraw broadcasts the hud message to one single client. the first 5 indices are indeed reserved for reborn but otherwise ihuddraw has the same range as huddraw.
    So you can huddraw a string with id 15 to all clients, then ihuddraw to a specific client another string with index 15 and it will be only different for that specific client only.

TL;DR
    huddraw is basically ihuddraw to all clients.

Yes, I know the difference between the two. That's not what I was asking at all. I was talking about a routine that managed the index numbers for you, so that one mod doesn't step on another by using the same one... etc. Totally different thing than what you responded to

No that doesn't exist, though it could be done in reborn.
    it's basically mapping every index entered into i/huddraw to an array or smth.
    guess it's easier said than done.

what about this? https://github.com/razorapid/Reborn-.../libs/hud.slib
    from https://github.com/razorapid/Reborn-PK3-Content
    That framework is 6 years old and seems like everyone forgot about it, same as Sor's framework

@Ryback... not easier said than done, it's the resulting fallout that will get ya. To implement something like the proposed getiHuddrawID would be trivial. It's going through all the mods that hard code ihuddraws indexes that will open up a time-sink And if you don't take on the latter, the former is useless :>

However, it's an outstanding idea. Perhaps what I can do is set up the cvar range of indexes to use in server.cfg and thus self-manage. In the event of a conflict all I'd have to do is change the cvars rather than hunt through the code.

@Zappa - I am very aware of Sor's framework, it's a beautiful thing. I wasn't aware of the one RR did, but will be skimming that shortly. Thanks!!

Tode