Default State fixes

Known current state fixes:
    MG42 Team Swap fix
    Ladder Team Swap fix
    MG42 Crouching Fix
    Land Shark Fix
    Grenade Drop Fix
    Grenade Bug Door fix
    Ladder slide animation fix <- This is a debatable feature?

Fixes I think should to be engine side
    MG42 Team Swap fix (This fix is a script work around, executed from states)
    Ladder Team Swap fix (This fix is a script work around, executed from states)
    Grenade Drop Fix <- Current status?
    Grenade Bug Door fix (Is this spearhead only?)

The fixes will be worked in to the pk3.
    The fixes with scripts should be discussed.

Ladder slide animation fix <- This is a debatable feature?
    This actually could be rebuilt better without a script MAYBE, or with a lesser script, using only a new client side animation file.

It is also debatable if it should be included, I only mention it as I liked it, but its more a "remod", but it effects state edits.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

I'd add the ladder slide animation. It looks nice, and it's more like a fixed missing feature. What about climbing you did for Predator mod? I know that you could climb in FAKK2, so maybe devs just didn't have time to implement it? If it's not that hard to implement, I'd add it also. Modders could make a use of it in new mods.

What are all methods of crashing the server with grenade? We have to test them in order to find why it crashes and were.
    Team swap stuff can be probably fixed by unattaching player from MG or Ladder after spawn, this should be doable.

Do we have sharking completely fixed? I'd add all pure state file fixes to state files, and only fix stuff that do some script workarounds in the engine, so we won't get conflicts concerning crash fixes.

The ladder slide will be cool. Only seen the video you made of it. I suspect, if this gets incorporated into the engine, we won't need a support script in order to fix the feature?

I'd also like the anti-sharking thing cleared up. There's been a fuss about it a little while ago, here on the forum.

I'll need to know what fix is needed in order to have this slide anim working if we want to try to add it into the engine. But I think a simple .scr will also do.

Banned

The slide animation needs a new animation file created.

I can't remember if it will need further fixes. I used a script to make it serverside, a new animation would of been client only.

The animation was "off", not aligned properly. it may be fixable easily, I havea suspicion that we simply still do not know how the bones work in mohaa.

in fakk, the animations for rolling etc work by moving a bone away from the centrer. Same in mohaa, but the anims also just move the player away from the center,,,,,,I do not know what moveType or bone should be used to then set the player origin to this new spot, instead of the animation "jumping" back, make sense?

The death anims use "move the whole player" style, and it doesn't matter as the player is dead gets a deadbody.

Climbing is not really feasible because of the maps in mohaa. However it would be possible to improve the climbing a lot if there was abiltiies to get the surface area and information from a trace <- but I will not be going back to working on climbing, as fun as it is.
    With real custom maps it would be possible to have climbing,diving, rolling, etc, like tomb raider or fakk ,. And pushing etc, Then have triggers or areas where you can climb, etc.

OK. I'd also extend state files to have states for plane controlling and so on.

Banned

ohh yeah...

any others?

planes?
    I had in AP throw bomb , planes, parachutes, ...err..I forget what else???

Every additional state that can make our state files more complete and feature rich. I'd like to have this so others will have no need in editing the state files.

Also more states to distinguish between weapons etc.

Developer

To plane i'm using the secfireheld command and so don't needs weapon in hand or state. But i'm using the states from skylimit, i think that's the best for it.

Banned

how are you using the states from skylimit?