Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reborn Main Page

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Default Reborn Main Page

Our main page will be changed to vBulletin CMS home page. Domain name should soon point to it. We have a different style for everything except Forums (and Downloads but I hope this will change soon).

The style is already turned on. Let us know wheter you like it or not. However, even if you don't like it, don't expect a quick change, we'll just keep your thoughs for future reference.

We're also running donations again.

hem, to be honest, the new layout is like a mix between a ww2 archive site and a random mohaa clan page to me^^... i know 1.12 patch is not official, but a more "official" look must be more appropriate i think... i let the others give their point of view...

hi .... i quite like it ....though i have the forums bookmarked ,so i never see it lol.
    =COH=Ubersoldier/Dax
    mess with the best ,die like the rest !!!

Well Totally!!! Love!! the background image and Really nice job!!!

but the balance between the background makes the txt not so clear so I would reduce the opaque level so at least another 65% so less of the background can be seen on text backgrounds..............

TBH The problem will be the same on all content pages so as much as I love thought of the Background I think it can only be used on a Welcome touch down page and a few others the rest it has to be really low see through - BUT!! like the donation page works great ......... but as soon as you click on a page of bulk content I think its going to be not usable - The theme can be used on the forum but in low samples as in colour and texture but you just cant have that much see through on large content pages I have try'd a few things that look great until you come to try and read text it becomes to busy and from my own efforts of attempts on this and feed back the bulk will find it to busy (((

So I think It will look major great if you can use it in its full glory on low content pages but on others it needs to be turned down a lot IMO

Hope that read's ok - Its just I have had a lot of feed back from things I have try'd in the past on my clans site and others and TBH still dont think I can please them (((

I don't like that at all.

Razo, I actually think our main site www.x-null.net is perfect! The design is wonderful. I noticed so many spelling mistakes and other things that don't make sense. Could you give me access so I can edit each page and fix it? It would look so much more professional, and I have some ideas on how we can make the many bars of the menu look better. Please let me know.

The disadvantage of our current main page is that it's static. It's hard to update the content. With CMS, it's an easy job, and users can comment on each news. I like it too, but I don't feel like doing admin panel, user accounts, comments module and so on from scratch. You would also mess with session and database to let logged-in forum users comment and so on. PM so I can give you an access.

@val

All in all, MoHAA is all about WW2 so I wanted to make it look a bit like a WW2 archive. On the other hand, I didn't want to create a business like template, because the patch is more game related. If we had MoHAA screenshots and some pictures in high resolution, I'd use them. Instead I chose a WW2 photo as a background.

The patch is for people who play this game. I didn't want to repel them with another DMW like website styling.

@Heatsinkbod

I get it.

Its fine that the homepage is now part of vbulletin, but the layout and design isn't my taste.
    Agreed with heatsinkbod its hard to read because of the transparency, and all in all the "old" layout looked much better to me.

This isn't a HUGE issue, but I'm attempting to view the site from an iPad and the style isn't aligned correctly. Everything else on the forums render fine though. Aside from that, the page reminds me of the old tmt site which is fine. The white on white text on the banner though is difficult to see for me. I'll take a look from my browser at work and comment more on it a bit later.

I'll introduce few changes, that will make it look better and make reading easier. It should also make the whole layout look better.

EDIT: The background is darker and smaller, so it better fits whole layout. Transparency is lesser, so it's easier to read stuff. I'm happy with the changes, looks better for me.

RR, I actually preferred the background previously. Also I'd shrink the image down so that it goes up to where the navigation bar is (the Home Forum, Wiki etc...) Currently it goes beyond that and halfway into the body of the content, and I'm not a huge fan of that. I think there is too much "black" I think the grey added a bit more flow to the site (the way you had it previously) Also easier on the eyes imo.

Thought???