Thread: Player speccing using Reborn patch ?

Default Player speccing using Reborn patch ?

Hi all,

not sure if it's technically possible, but would it be an idea to use Reborn patch to spectate on
    suspicious players by clientnumber?
    Something in the line of a console command, for example ad_specplayer 12 and the specified
    player is followed.
    When the player gets killed you would have to input the command again but it saves admins from
    the hassle of cycling though all players again. (with the risk of 'overshooting' and wearing out the USE key, lol)

Bringing up console, pressing arrow-up and enter would be faster IMO.

A 100% working spectating script would be best, but until it gets done maybe this
    would be a good temporary solution?

Purple Developer Purple Elephant1au's Avatar

Hi

http://www.x-null.net/forums/showthr...light=spectate

Is a good one to use , it follows the player even after they die and respawn , also tells you if they are shooting at someone through a wall , but thats not always acurate

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :
    103.29.85.127:12203
    xfire: purpleelephant1au
    email: purpleelephant1au@gmail.com
    skydrive: PurpleElephantSkydrive

Thanks Purple, but that one does not always works flawless. It follows the wrong players a lot of the times.
    Maybe Razor can tell if it's possible to use the method I suggested?

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

I have to look at this, but I think it should be possible.

Purple Developer Purple Elephant1au's Avatar

Really?

Works fine for me so far, it follows the right person, only problem is it still thinks your in normal spectate so the sound still follows a random person until they die then it switches to the next person, so the sound is off but still follows the right person for me.
    Maybe if it finds a way to be fully out of normal spectate before it starts following people , even the roaming spectate view that doesnt follow players , that would fix the sound issue

Or if it was FFA , it could always leave you in game , and just NOCLIP and HIDE you , and then make all of you follow that player .
    Last edited by Purple Elephant1au; September 7th, 2012 at 06:33 PM.

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :
    103.29.85.127:12203
    xfire: purpleelephant1au
    email: purpleelephant1au@gmail.com
    skydrive: PurpleElephantSkydrive

one thing i don't like with this mod is that for some reason the camera is placed a little bit farther than normal specing, it kinda disturb me, i prefer normal specing, but if it can be inside normal reborn it will be great. And one thing, i've always wondering why is there no 1st person specing in mohaa, it's just so strange...

if this is going to be a good tool for telling if a player is cheating then the camera should show exactly what the player is seeing in his line of sight along with the players cross hair showing in the center of the view.

this is because we would be guessing what the player is looking at when he shoots. and this makes it hard to tell if he is using something (chams).

also a match lockdown would be needed so admins cant use the spec view in wars. some thing like joto's playmode system but built directly into the patch.