Thread: Custom Skin Bug

Default Custom Skin Bug

Not sure how/if this could be fixed, but thought I'd bring it up.

Here's the scenario for the custom skin bug...

Server has custom skins. 1 player is wearing one of those custom skins that is on the server, but another player doesn't have that skin. The other player sees a stock skin, but his gun points up in the air.

Is there any way to fix this? If you don't know what I'm talking about I can attach a screenshot when I get home.

Here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about...
    glitch.jpg

Well, I did some more digging and so far have found this:

The custom skins that usually cause this bug are custom skins based off of manon,worker, and german_winter2. Perhaps there is an error in the .skd causing this? Anyone good with milkshape?

ie: in the custom skin .tik
    path models/human/German_worker
    skelmodel german_worker.skd

or

path models/human/manon
    skelmodel manon.skd

etc..

yes it's because if a player is using custom skin the game automatically render him with american_army for the allies or german_wehrmacht for the axis.
    if the custom skin use another type of skell model then the weapon will be messy as we can see on the screenshot. Not sure if it's possible/easy to fix this tough...

perhaps, rescript those 3 models? I can't say I ever saw that glitch before. Does this happen when people have chams as well? Those are considered custom skins too and I never saw that before.

That's strange.

No, not with chams, because the server has to have the skins as well for the glitch to happen.

I used to think it was the BA Skinpack which was doing this... seemed to happen on a lot of servers, and that skinpack was DMW Approved at the time, so many people started using that. And everyone blamed the bug on the BA Skinpack haha..

Na, I don't even have that skin pack

Well, I mean, the other players that seem to be bugged are using it.
    At least, that's what I always thought, was actually brought up on the first DMW TS Meeting (with the community).