View Poll Results: why do you not play mohaa?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • lack of stock servers?

3 15.00%
  • cheats?

7 35.00%
  • friends play other games?

7 35.00%
  • bad quality mods on servers?

5 25.00%
  • graphics

3 15.00%
  • lag

4 20.00%
  • other?

10 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why don't you play mohaa anymore?

Banned

Default Why don't you play mohaa anymore?

Why do you not play mohaa anymore?

1. I work fulltime + on call takes a huge portion of me free time away
    2. After work I go to the gym
    3. Only days I really consider free time are weekends and during that time I either take advantage of the summer and spend most of my day outside, playing sports, on the beach, BBQing otherwise I'm doing house chores.

I know I'm lame but those are my excuses.

Banned

too true, don't think I ever would have time either...

My friends are playing crap game like mw3 so i had to buy it to play with them, but i prefer a lot mohaa, the best game ever made.
    i agree with elgan, crap mods like super weapons with 5000 bullets clips with fast fire just ruins the game, not too many stock server now too.
    lag ofen come from bad server config, clever admins will be appreciated... (i'm thinking about this CTF server with 40 players with +250 ping,, antiwh enabled....)
    Cheat is quite annoying too... despite of the come of mohaac, you always think the other can cheat...
    but the graphics are just magic? for the time it was impressive, but i found the models of the game very well done, with nice textures , the design of the maps is nice too, but sometime environment textures are not very good... anyway mohaa have a very personal graphic design, unique and i think a game done now with the same graphics will be appreciated ( anyway, i think the most important thing for graphics are the artistic part, not the technical part, i can fell this on modern games, very great technical but poor artistically, maybe it's because of the old games like mohaa were Donne by smaller teams? unlike cod mw3 graphics that are done by hundred of peoples...)

to conclude MOHAA IS THE BEST GAME EVER, his superiority stand by the numbers : ~100 servers for moh 2010, ~700 for mohaa,
    MOHAA4EVER!!!!!!

The Thrill is gone for me, and when I game ourdays then I play League of Legends, whats left are good memories, but when I look today at mohaa I see a lot of imperfection in so many aspects.
    Have to add I probably have in general no mood to play FPS games at the moment as I have many of the newer games like mw3,bf3,bfbc2,codbo and so on and barely played them longer than 10 hours alltogether.

Interesting poll got me thinking about a few of the questions

lack of stock servers? I had not really thought about the stock side but can see this as a very valid point - All of my own Clan servers, and Clans on AAAA all are mod loaded so I can see that most of the servers I play on are all a far cry from stock but yeh love the stock so think it is important to ensure stock servers are available - I guess a lot of the clans including myself try to keep the servers different to get more players on but its a fact that everyone thinks the same and you end up with very few stock servers. I will look into this with the other clans to see if we cant at least get one stock server running for our side on AAAA.

friends play other games? Yeh most do but think now most people are multi platform and game oriented, My kids spend most of their time on the XBOX - The games look great but I just dont get FPS on a controller its like trying to play the piano with boxing gloves on, My kids got one of the MOH games for the WII and that kind of worked better with the controller they had a plastic gun cradle and it felt good moving the gun motion wise but the movement just felt alien but can see that taking off better in later generations of the hardware and its fun for say 30 mins but after an hour of holding your arms up in the air you are knackered lol !!!

graphics? For me dont see it as an issue - seen the new games try'd the new MOH but just dont feel right, I have never thought I wish the graphics were better on MOHAA love the way it is.

Lag ? Had a few problems with Lag on AAAA recently and TBH not really got to the bottom of it and dont really know the cause still but I think its a case of to much been added to the servers - I am not saying any of these are the cause but I am thinking the servers are getting modded to much. Say for example a typical server would have Reborn Patch + GSprotector then Spawn Protection Mod, a few Map Mods, Weapon Mods and so on all starts to get a lot.
    I think their was a thread a while back about mods and Reborn I think the majority do work with reborn but dont think the majority of them are smooth or efficient.
    I just got a high spec test server for the clans on AAAA to try and resolve the lag but I am not seeing it as a hardware issue it is more config and mod based IMO

For myself on this poll its just family life but its my only gaming vice and if I am not playing it then will be online doing something related to it like writing this post lol )))

im not playing becease im always working on my server or website or my clan, that is the thing i like the most.
    supporting members with there own server, and learn them alot about it so they can start their own server/clan in the future.

Im a Spearhead/Breakthrough player and most people stop playing it because of the wallhackers/aimbotters, it would be nice if there will come a reborn patch for sh and bt, its losing players everyday

Quote Originally Posted by Appelpitje View Post
    Im a Spearhead/Breakthrough player and most people stop playing it because of the wallhackers/aimbotters, it would be nice if there will come a reborn patch for sh and bt, its losing players everyday
    I've not played Spearhead / Breakthrough. What is different in these expansion packs for Multiplay that Allied Assault does not offer ??

Quote Originally Posted by anspectrum View Post
    I've not played Spearhead / Breakthrough. What is different in these expansion packs for Multiplay that Allied Assault does not offer ??
    Better graphics (not that much improvement), more weapons, maps, skins..

I actualy cant remmember when i played mohaa since the begin, but when breakthrough came out omg there were some epic battles