Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: patch install problem

Default patch install problem

i have a server from gameservers, its linux but when i go to the FTP, it doesnt come with fgameded.so or even Mohaa.exe just the files in main
    Last edited by seven; June 19th, 2010 at 03:34 PM.

in that case the access has been restricted by your game server provider, so you won't see them via ftp and so you can't change them. (They are of course present, just you as customer has no access to them). You need to talk to your GSP to make the install for you or give you more rights via ftp.

Someone has posted over in Gameservers about this project and giving access to fgameded.so

that would be cool!

Code:
    http://forums.gameservers.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=37151
    Open a ticket and we can see about applying this fix for you. Sadly, due to people abusing this in the past we cannot provide access to this file.
    Suggestion from them but you can read the whole small topic too.

i have a linux server, and have rights to change fgameded.so, but, when i rename fgameded.so on the server to fgamededmohaa.so and copy fgameded.so of the patch, and all cfg and ini files, the server does not start... i trying to see some log, but... i don't know where the f is it
    and.. this is the last thing on the console:

*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x08643348 ***
    LoadLibrary failed: "./fgamededmohaa.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
    ------- Attempting to load /home/revolutionwar/200.43.192.213-12203/moh/fgameded.so -------
    ------ Unloading fgameded.so ------
    sory my bad english... and i hope u know WTF is the problem.

ah, i did try on windows and works great. and the versions are both the 10th
    Reborn Patch EXC10 LINUX
    Patch EXC10 WINDOWS

ughh... i forgot... in the linux version, on my server i see.. ffx86.dll and gamex86.dll and for other place i see that the windows patch its that dll... anything from that way?
    Last edited by NoSmoking; July 17th, 2010 at 05:58 AM.

you need to enable logging of the server, you do this by putting this in your server.cfg file:

// Logs
    seta logfile "3"
    seta g_log "qconsole.log"
    seta g_logSync "1"
    set developer 2

The server will then produce the qconsole.log file with some info why server isn't starting etc. Please test and come back with that log file. You should also start testing without any other mods first.

Hi again, i do this, i rename fgameded.so to fgamededmohaa.so, upload fgameded.so AND chmoded to 755
    qconsole.log show this:

Cvar_Set2: timelimit 0
    Cvar_Set2: fraglimit 15
    Cvar_Set2: net_port 12203
    Cvar_Set2: net_IP 200.43.192.213
    Cvar_Set2: sv_maplist obj/obj_team1 obj/obj_team2 obj/obj_team3 obj/obj_team4
    Cvar_Set2: g_gametype 4
    Cvar_Set2: sv_fps 20
    ------ Server Initialization ------
    Server: obj/obj_team1
    Warning: cvar "sv_maxclients" given initial values: "1" and "32"
    Cvar_Set2: sv_running 1
    ------- Attempting to load /home/revolutionwar/200.43.192.213-12203/moh/fgameded.so -------
    and, in console show this before qconsole.log
    *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x08643700 ***
    LoadLibrary failed: "./fgamededmohaa.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
    i try this on my PC, from a linux bash, with ./mohaa_lnxded +exec server.cfg and works ok, but on the server nothing.
    and... this is the start_mohaa.sh (i don't know, may be this means something )

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:. ./mohaa_UTS +set dedicated 1 +set net_ip 200.43.229.226 +set net_port 12215 +set ui_console 1 +set sv_maxclients 12 +exec server.cfg 1>>/dev/null 2>>/dev/null &

||| ----------------------- OFF TOPIC ---------------------- ||
    LOL with this console dont stop to show this xD OFF TOPIC xD
    if(
    if(vector_within local.origin $player[local.p].origin local.radius && $player[local.p].dmteam != "spectator" && $player[local.p].health > 0 && $player[local.p].origin[2] < (local.origin[2] + local.radius - local.xthresh) && $player[local.p].useheld == 1) (maps/dm/dm6noshark.scr, 16)

~ ~ Script Error: Cannot cast 'float' to vector
    Last edited by NoSmoking; July 18th, 2010 at 03:12 AM.

sorry, no clue, maybe someone else know ?

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

It can't find the right file. Remember that patched fgameded.so can't be in main, it MUST be in moh folder (not main)
    Also check if you are running newest 1.11 linux patch because our 1.12 works only on the newest one.