Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Thread: Patch Progress

I should be able to start nightfall coding work shortly, I'm very excited about the above. WTG team!

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I don't want to make false promises, but between RR & Ley0k's modified wrappers, and Ryback's Nightfall wrapper; I will try to make some time to create a (slimmed down version) of Reborn with the newest fixes. And by slimmed down I mean JUST the serverside fixes. Any feature related additions to the game I will leave in the hands of Ryback.My plan is between using those 3 wrappers, I will try to make Reborn compatible with AA,SH, and BT. It might be difficult since the offsets will be different, but if I use a special technique to search byte patterns instead of specific offsets; and hoping things don't change too much, it should be possible to create fixes that would be universal across those 3 volumes of the game.Once again I don't want to make any false promises, but I want to try and give it a go and see how far I can get with it.
    Ah, I was planning to do similar stuff too, check the git repo "RebornSecurityFixes" on xnull gitlab and https://github.com/mohabhassan/RebornSecurityHeaders , these two were basically going to act as "all important security related stuff inside Reborn", and integrated by NightFall. Thus making NightFall feature focused while Reborn will be security focused.

It's still not developed at all, but if you want to use those 2 repos, you have the benefit of starting it all from scratch (you can make the code cleaner than Reborn's current code base, idk if it even compiles properly, last thing I remember RR said was being able to compile on VS, but crashes existed).

Depending on Ley0k's and RR's code base right now, build state, crashes, etc, it may or may not take you less time to do it in the RebornSecurityFixes/Headers repos.

I will also be developing it with ya. So it won't be a one-man-army any more .

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Elephant1au View Post
    I will be setting up a dev environment on my PC ( hopefully this weekend ).

@RR or @Ryback anything special i should consider or will i be lucky and it compiles first go :P.

I have some ideas around not just the fixes code wise, but around the way we could manage releases and code development, which i hope should encourage more of our own developers to contribute to the codebase and get some more frequent patch releases.
    (you have to git clone the project with submodules first. If you're using tortoise git, mark on "Recursive" while cloning)
    https://github.com/mohabhassan/Night...ster/Build.txt

Just noticed there is a new NightFall section in the forum

I'm sorry to ask the same thing again, but no one replied my question about what will happen with the name of the project in next patch release for mohaa (Reborn or NightFall)
    and what will be the next step for server owners using the reborn patch.

I feel like you still haven't explained well how the two projects will be merged (if they ever merge)

Well I spoke to Razor, and I think he's still trying to clean up stuff at his time available.
    There were several DDOS attacks a couple weeks ago, so that kind of shifted things for the community as we were looking for ways to prevent those attacks in the future.
    Yes, I created a new Nightfall section. Honestly, I'm not sure what path we're going to take with Reborn right now, but I will say on a brighter note Ryback has done a great job with Nightfall; and the fact that it is supported by AA,SH, and BT brings a lot of potential to that new wrapper.

The idea we had was to make Nightfall primarily feature updates; and a separate section of nightfall modular towards serverside fixes.
    Ryback has put in a lot of hard work into his wrapper, and it's taking me some time to adjust to it and understand everything that's going on. I'm currently trying to implement a serverside landshark fix; and am requesting Ryback to assist me with some things.

Basically I will do my best to slowly try and implement some of the serverside fixes into Nightfall from Reborn.

I hope that answers your questions.