Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch Progress

Like Darth would say: "The Force is strong with this one..."

Quote Originally Posted by Razo[R]apiD View Post
    Important information!

I was quite inactive lately and I'm sorry about this. Here's some info I want to share with you.

This unfortunately won't happen that soon. Just like in real life, when you plan something, things will almost always go the wrong way. I was too busy with university projects, exams and job. I still don't know how the hell I managed to combine all of this and have some time to sleep

Anyway, I'd like to say sorry to everyone who waited for something I promised to do and I didn't do on time. I'm having my last exam this friday and if everything goes right, I hope I will be free from any additional responsibilites and will be able to burst code for Reborn. I'm really waiting for this moment because I have tons of new ideas I want to incorporate into clientside patch and few others I want to include to serverside patch.

I also want to clean all the mess in our WIKI and main site that was caused by exploits that attacked our domain.

ObiRazor is coming back!
    Dam Razor when I saw that subject line thought it was Game over

we need no sorry - dont know how you juggle it all TBH - and OFC your exams and health and sleep is always a good thing !! and I for one agree with the real life never goes a set path

Been loads going on here and its god dam full time job reading all the posts some great stuff going on

Look forward to your ideas take care and best of luck !!!

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

IMPORTANT NEWS

New patch version has been released!

Stable Channel: 1.117
    Test Channel: 1.117

Both Linux and Windows

Stable and Test releases are the same due to the recent exploit that was causing Linux servers to crash. Windows is NOT vulnerable however.

Patch introduces:

- Fix for UserInfo DirectConnect crash (Linux only, Windows is not vulnerable)

- Fix for Shoot Through Black Windows: Now you should be able to shoot through unbroken windows while still being protected against black windows/bulbs and furniture bug. Special thanks go to James who devoted his time to find a pretty fix. PLEASE TEST THIS A LOT

- IP validation for ad_banip, banip functions.

- IP bans and name bans limit raised to 4000

- Default values for Cvars changed: sv_antiwh = 0, sv_recoilemulation = 0. This should make the patch more userfriendly for now to use (especially for new users)

- Fixed fcopy scripting command

- Added getentity and .inventory scripting commands

- Reordered some checks for ihuddraw_align to make it less possible to crash when player entity is null

(There are probably some more minor tweaks I don't remember about)

New version is reflected on main website. Wiki is updated, scripting commands docs are updated.

If you want to force patch update, run command forceupdate from server console. forceupdate command documentation

Purple Developer Purple Elephant1au's Avatar

Hi

Tested the Crash fix , seems to be working fine , shows
    Player connecting from IP address: 121.217.162.225 sent malformed UserInfo DirectConnect string!
    In logs like it should i guess
    AND
    Userinfo string length exceeded - possible crash attempt!
    Try removing setu cvars from your config
    or stop trying to crash Reborn protected server.

When trying to crash it

Also tried the STWH fix for windows, Tried on obj/obj_team4 and obj/renan and Both work perfectly , shoots through on first shot. Ill keep trying on different maps but im sure it should be ok now

Now trying the inventory commands :P been waiting to try these with my weapon mod

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :
    103.29.85.127:12203
    xfire: purpleelephant1au
    email: purpleelephant1au@gmail.com
    skydrive: PurpleElephantSkydrive

With AntiSTWH test also if it also properly blocks the bug

Thanks Razor! I will be installing this patch on all of my servers tonight! Tomorrow, I'll test my mohfill binaries again to make sure it's all working.
    Browse MOHAA Servers Post GameSpy Era

VISIT MOHREBORN.COM FOR LATEST INFORMATION

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!
    Add your Medal of Honor Server to the Master List
    YouTube Video for Medal of Honor: Query Launcher and MOHAASERVERS.TK!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

Sweet deal guys! Glad antiSTWH was a success along with the patch against crashes.
    Curious though why it only effects *nix and not Windows. :-S

You can also use disabletaunt command on a single player distaunt <clientnumber>

UPDATE - VERY IMPORTANT

There was a BUG in last night's 1.117 release. Please FORCE UPDATE your patch, because the issue has been fixed. It's still versioned as 1.117 but has a different MD5 signature.