Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch Progress

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Few infos about upcoming release:

- Both patches - Linux and Windows version will have the same feauture list and same version number, this means that some things will be turned off for Windows patch to bring it to the same level as Linux patch (it's not really a problem because we need more tests and these things aren't 100% working or cause lag etc.)
    - Both Releases will have 2 new things included: auto-update that comes with custom game launcher, version checker
    - We'll release Admin Manager (thanks to Joto) to make your life easier when setting up admin accounts for your server

- Both releases will include all known fixes: granade crash fix, ladder crash fix, swap team crash fix, MG42 bug fix, shark fix, buffer overflow fix (aka remote crash) + all the fixes that are already present in the patch

- Shoot through Furniture/Black Windows/Light Bulbs fix will be included
    - RCon Flood Protection will be included

- 2 version of antiWH will be included (old one using HITBOXES, and new (this one is actual one we use) using BONES)
    - SoundESP for Windows will be excluded (for version compabiity with Linux release)
    - Stufftext Bypass Detection will be tweaked to cause LESS false positives (this can still happen from time to time)

- Ban Lists (IPs/Names/Chat Filters) will be split to 20 pages to remove crash bug and help to maintain bans

- Also it's possible that there will be a new feauture that will allow you to choose if you want to use protection against clipping or not

Other feautures counting from this release will be available via auto-update system so we can develop new working things while you have stable and working 1.12 patch base

awesome woot woot

wow, you've made me surprised! nice list!

Will the auto-updater be updatable too? Just imagined, but don't know how it will work, what it will be able to do...etc, probably you considered everything.
    My free time is getting lost. But if I have some I will try to help with fixing bugs on the stock maps. I don't have much knowledge in moh radiant and I'm quite lazy and impatient, never finished any map I tried to make. Altough the time is over, I must do something aside from reporting bugs...

If you'd had the mohaa-source, would these features/functions be done less time?

@ bulldozer, somewhere was stated that the stock maps are allready fixed, but somehow no-one does know where they are, if you like to care for that for the client side patch release then its higly appreciated. ( but if you say yes then I will take you by the word )

Then, I came the last days across a "high definition mod" for mohaa, checked it out a bit, 95 % of the stuff it provides isn't good, though some parts are nice e.g. the sky, you may want to overlook the maps and this mod and put together what is useful. link is here: http://medalofhonor.filefront.com/fi...finition;31394

@ Joto, I asked Herr Kruger about those map sources, because he fixed some of my reported bugs when the project tracker on MRU was alive. Unfortunately he didn't find them. I remember that not too much bugs were fixed, but of course, finding the latest fixed maps would be better than start from the beginning. I currently know noone who wants to suck with this job, so I give it a try.

And I'd like to describe a little bit, what I imagined and dreamed...
    The high definiton textures you mentioned above are look very nice. However it shouldn't be good to change the current ones. It doesn't fluster me, but the most of the players will probably tear their hairs after they view it. My opinion is that the best way is to create maps with reloaded/reborn..etc titles. These maps would contain new textures, they would be much bigger, the enviroment would be much nicer than now. If you ever played Airborne, you might remember that there's a vine-hill near the allied spawn. This would be one of the great supplements that may be perfect to enlarge the maps making them fascinating for instance. With engine modifications (if it possible) the models would be more detailed, I especially mean the trees and their boughs. Moving shadows, destroyable doors/walls, may make the gameplay more realistic or spectecular too.

I haven't got the needed knownledge to make the maps as dynamic as I dreamed, but I'll try to do everything I can.

nice list of features and good that the linux patch is now on the same level.

cool

better grafix would be nice, ofc, but we would need another engine for that or upgrade to opengl 3, so for the moment that will remain a dream.

The priorities on the stock maps should be:

1. fixing the bugs that are directly affect playing.
    2. fixing bugs that are only vis bugs
    3. replace bad textures with better one.

Yes, those fixed maps are meant to replace the stock maps, so its important that they should remain in look and feel what they are, else players will not accept them.
    Most of the stock maps are already existing in other versions, e.g. arg-hunt, bridge2 etc. so if server operators are looking for something different they could simply take them.
    Thanks for your help.

Things that are already done will be in red.

Some of the things are partially done - like auto-updater, or some of the fixes

Hey just back off hols - this sounds great!!!!
    many thanks!!!!

- Shoot through Furniture/Black Windows/Light Bulbs fix will be included
    Done.