Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Can't shoot through windows

Razo before said it probably was the blackwindow fix causing this to also apply to normal windows? But I wouldn't know what else would be causing this.. all I know is that reborn changed it haha.

@Midnight, it's not about breaking the glass.. that didn't change. You normally could shoot through windows and hit people (eventhough the windows weren't broken yet!). I have been playing SO for 10 years so with a sniper I noticed right away when using the reborn patch.. it has been brought up before several times but nothing was done about it.

An AW player wouldn't mind much (unless he's using a sniper as well), but in Sniper Only on The Bridge it's a HUGE pain.. element of surprise = gone.
    Last edited by Shadow; May 30th, 2013 at 02:23 PM.

i'm pretty convinced that what shadow said is true, just tested with a budy with or without reborn patch on the same server... the issue is here.
    Hopefully i don't play to much S.O., i think it's a lame mode comparing to A.W.

We may need to patch it differently then. I have an idea of how to fix this. I'll share it when I get home.

When the patch is loaded, it prints this:
    Code:
    gi.Printf("Black Window Patch Address: 0x%x\n", g_antiSTFH_addr);  <----
    gi.Printf("Shoot through Black Window/Furniture/Light Bulbs Hack Protection applied\n");
    If you look at that address, any programmers, may want to try and breakpoint that address and see where it's going wrong? I'll do the same if I get a chance.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

I've already added CVar switch for it to 1.117, I'm testing the release, it should be released this weekend.

Banned

RR is awesome

RR, can you not check the window shader to see if its black or "glass" and apply it variably?

RR, I found a more appropriate piece of code. I just tested it on black windows\regular windows, furniture, lightbulbs...
    All are triggered except for standard windows (which is what it should be like). I'll PM you the info.

i have this problem

solution please? windows 3.5.1

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Check the other thread you have created.

This should be the goal when doing glass installation services Capalaba for your house. Additional security in the modern age.
    We provide Glass Repairs on doors, windows and more and other services also. Visit our Home Page/Website for more information.

URL: glass installation services Capalaba