Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't shoot through windows

Default Can't shoot through windows

Hello there,

This problem existed for a while already with me, I kind of assumed that it was already known but I was looking on the forum and couldn't find it anywhere, and seeing as other people started telling me they had the same problem I figured I'd post it here.

With the patch on a server I'm unable to kill people through a window, it's like the bullet will not pass, only when the glass is broken the aim/bullets return to normal and I can shoot people again. I've tested it with people standing still as well (for the people thinking my aim sucks haha).

I don't know if this was known already? But figured I'd post it none the less.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

You're the first one to write about this.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems? I know that this can also be caused by corrupted pak2.pk3 file or map files

i also have seen this, but assumed it was part of the game ,as far as i remember it has always been the case that windows had to be broken before you could shoot players !!
    =COH=Ubersoldier/Dax
    mess with the best ,die like the rest !!!

I just double checked on my own server (had the same problem with 2 of my previous servers running the patch). And only Realism + SO mod are on there next to the patch and still can't shoot through it unless it's broken.
    (Used the latest version of the patch).

Actually just read on AAAA someone with the same problem and also running 1.12, so that's why I decided to post something about this here.
    Hope others could check it out on their server as well to make sure yeah

@Dax: No, you should be able to simply shoot through them without them being fully broken yet. Wouldn't be realistic either if you couldn't shoot through them.
    Last edited by Shadow; July 14th, 2012 at 06:41 AM.

Well this can be caused by BlackWindows Shoot Through Fix. Probably it also affects normal windows or glass surface in general. If I don't find a way to distinguish between black and normal windows you'll have to deal with it.. let me look at it.

I had a fix for it, but can't seem to find it. I had this problem back when I had a certain server company that had issues with the pak2.pk3 file as RR mentioned. I will try to find it for you.

EDIT....
    I posted the fix on modtheater, but now all the old links are gone. I can't seem to find it either since I don't have this problem anymore.
    http://www.modtheater.com/threads/st...-server.20645/
    Last edited by armageddon; July 14th, 2012 at 08:53 AM.

ahha I found it on an old backup. Here you go. It fixes railings/windows blocking blocking bullets.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Does anti wh still mess with gun sounds when player is shooting behind a wall?

Shadow, did the fix resolve your problem?