Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can't shoot through windows

I posted about this problem a while ago and was told it was always like that which i knew it wasn't. The only windows that i cant shoot through are the ones in crossroads(the bridge) unless there broken. The ones in southern france i have no problem but those don't break, i notice this before gamma patch.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

I'll check this but any changes won't happen fast because I'll be away for 2 weeks.

There was a new topic about this matter but I can't seem to find it anymore.. :S
    I was just wondering if anything had been done about this or anyone working on something to solve this?

I've had people asking me how to remove the Reborn patch, and after asking why, the reason were the windows.. also makes it unusable on clanbase as mentioned in the other post before.
    I hope someone has a solution for this window bug. Making it toggable would be really effective, if possible.
    Last edited by Shadow; May 13th, 2013 at 12:21 PM.

Banned

this is quite important.

whats the reason?
    is thee something for blackwindow fix or???

If I recall correctly, a simple blackwindow fix is to change surfaceparm on blackwindow to something solid like metal or wood. This way bullets won't go through the window.

When I recall correct then he means that shooting through "normal" windows has changed with the patch.

Banned

that is correct but its clientside.

The thing is, we cant have all windows non shoot throughable. It changes the gameplay..

Does a trace go through this?

I'm thinking we will have to start doing traces on shooting, and testing if the bullet can actually go through the surfaces.
    - not with SFTH the head is through. but I am still curious if this could be fixed by simply tracing the sie of the player corectly and checking if $world was hit.

Any news on this?
    AAAA is starting a new Sniper league but is stuck on wether to use reborn or not.
    Currently the vote is to keep it off because of the window bug.. I hope a fix is quickly available.

Well.. we have these 2 things for antiSTWH & no recoil

Code:
    // returning 0 will disable BulletAttack function so bullet won't be fired (trace of the bullet won't be done)

if(res.fraction != 1.0f && res.surfaceFlags != 0x108B0) // we make sure that surface isn't a GLASS? Windows have this value
    {
    	gi.Printf("Reborn Patch: STWH Detected! Skipping BulletAttack!\n");
    	return 0;
    }
    else
    {
    	return 1;
    }

Code:
    if(res.fraction != 1.0f && res.surfaceFlags != SURF_GLASS) // we make sure that surface isn't a GLASS? Windows have this value
    {
    	gi.Printf("Reborn Patch: Possible STWH Detected for %s! Damage set to 0!\n", client->name);
    	damage = 0;
    }
    So as you can see, we're skipping windows... So I'm not sure what in the patch is causing this to happen because we're excluding this from effecting the game.

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that in the years before the Reborn patch was developed you also had to shoot
    several times at a 'normal', clear-glass window before the glass would break. It's been like that ever since the game was released
    on the market.

If you ask me this "windows" issue never existed but it's close to becoming an urban legend!