Thread: Online 1.12 ServerBrowser

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Default Online 1.12 ServerBrowser

Hi, this server browser is a beta version but already useable. I've also written a firefox plugin that will allow you to run game just by clicking the ip link. It works for me. You can test it here:

Online 1.12 Server Browser

You will have to wait a bit longer after clicking on the server to get more information, because there isn't an easy way of canceling the requests on servers end.
    So it's best if you just wait until querying is done if you want to get more info about the server.

Write your comments, thoughts, problems.
    Waiting for feedback.

Was just thinking if the server stats cant be pulled in quick for mass servers would be to serve a cache build of last known servers from a cache list from say hourly snap shots or so - So on initial load you are not going to get realtime stats but would be able to browse all the server details quickly - then have the option to refresh a single specific server to get an instant update of online current players.

I have some auto cache builders for Drupal based sites but this would need to be raw Apache http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/caching.html - not done much on that side - I let Drupal do all my dirty work ((
    Last edited by heatsinkbod; May 28th, 2012 at 06:42 PM.

Good idea.

looks nice, but it is damn slow ?

Do you status check every server or do you get all the information from one master server?

If you check them individually, you could make a database and update that database for every server every 5 to 10 min, depending on the total amount of servers and trying to load balance the server one at the time)

And I was curious why it said 43/117. Arent there more then 117 mohaa servers? and why only 43/117? :P
    :)

Quote Originally Posted by Possimos View Post
    Do you status check every server or do you get all the information from one master server?

If you check them individually, you could make a database and update that database for every server every 5 to 10 min, depending on the total amount of servers and trying to load balance the server one at the time)

And I was curious why it said 43/117. Arent there more then 117 mohaa servers? and why only 43/117? :P
    Hi - Its just scanning for Reborn Servers

We have our own MasterServer for 1.12 servers thanks to Heatsinkbod and the clans community.
    Masterserver only saves and updates IP's and Ports in the mysql database.

Browser gets the addresses and queries them.

It's only for 1.12

ok nice

So if you make the webserver query the gameservers you probably can speed up the process of loading the webpage, like gametracker does
    Last edited by Possimos; May 30th, 2012 at 10:30 AM.
    :)

Actually Webserver does query servers via AJAX. What we need is to create a cache as Heatsinkbod mentioned so you will get a cached version at first, then you should be able to refresh the servers on your own.

I think this was more going to be just a Reborn tool to keep track of the Reborn servers for those interested but due to interest now its becoming gametracker - I more concerned that Razor is spending time on this rather than other stuff like the client - So we dont need at present to much I think its great at is to show the reborn servers - I am not sure with the cache how easy it is to implement as I only work on Drupal so think we should let Razor get back to the client )))