Thread: banning system

Default banning system

is it possible to make the ban with double entry by adding the ip to the ipfilter and the name to the namefilter ?? we are using our admin nemu (jh menu)

On that note, is it possible (in future releases) to somehow save the name along with the IP in the ipfilter.cfg file?
    Only for reference, I know ppl change their name and sometimes their IP number often but it would be handy to have an
    idea which name belongs to what IP number. Ya know, like Delator used to do in the olden days.
    Makes it a bit easier to track some known cheaters.

Not a biggie but would be a convience. (and save a lot of them loose notes laying around with IP's and names scribbled on it, lol)

Well, I came up with a way that can auto ban people that I've banned even if they change their name or IP, but it's not 100% perfect. I do have 400+ entries that have autobanned, so it seems to be working fairly well. I'll share my idea with RR. It may be something he might want to implement into the patch.

yes this exactly what i mean. like ck autokick or CI when ur press ban it adds the ip+the name to the filter cuz it's easy to check the name more than the ip

So, what if you ban an unnamedsoldier ? Then you ban all unnamedsoldiers. Not a very good way to ban someone imo. Plus all they would need to do it change their name.

mmm yes ur correct i am w8ing for ur way

unnamedsoldier ban can rise pings ??

@Armageddon
    No I think wovweapondrop means the IP's and names are not "linked" to eachother in the ipfilter.cfg file. It bans on IP but just adds the name for reference. Like I said it might help a bit to track some n()()b cheaters. Name banning is taken care of by the namefilter.cfg file, plus the ~any parameter seems to work quite well for the namebanning now!

@wovweapondrop
    Not to my knowledge, it should not cause extra lag..
    But like Armageddon said, there are a lot of Unnamedsoldiers out there. Foresight has a nice option to auto-rename them to LazyPlayers, lol!
    Last edited by Midnight1138; May 11th, 2012 at 06:15 AM.

ahh yes i know this lol u can edit to what name u want