Thread: antiwh settings

Default antiwh settings

Hi Forums,

Just a quick question..

Which setting below (if any) doesn't cause the player to disappear when killed and which one is more effective to block openGL type hacks?

Code:
    set sv_antiwh "0"  // 4. frame throttle based on players ping  3. Bone Prediction  2. Hitbox A-WH ON  1.  Bone A-WH ON  0. Off
    Thanks

Check the documentation section for heatsinkbod's thread on this subject. I think 4 works the most stable. Their effectiveness is mutually equal, the modes are just variations on how the player hiding/showing is handled.

and the number 3 mod whorks very good against almost all walhacks.

Ok thanks for the info. I have been using "1" will try "4". But do all the variables cause the player's "body" to disappear when killed?

no because i have test the wallhack in the freeeze tag mod and you see all the dead bodys in all map :S

That's cause we don't hide dead bodies. So if someone has a wh, they will see them through walls. We only trace players that are alive so that we don't consume more resources than necessary.
    So it doesn't matter if it's a pk3, ogl or other variant of a wh, they will all be the same.

I'll make a vid to show ya what I'm seeing...on settings "1" & "4", when I shoot another player..they disappear immediately. Everyone else on the server is seeing this happen too. Just wondering if this is some setting/cfg I have mucked up or just they way it is.