Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some suggestions&questions

Default Some suggestions&questions

I'm not sure if any of the following points have been looked into already, just thought to share my thoughts.

- The installed admin mode: When there are to many IP's (or names) in the list, the server crashes, can the limit of this be made bigger (limitless perhaps?)
    - IP Range ban, I must say I'm not sure if the current admin mode is able to do this, but if not, can it be possible to ban ip ranges?
    - Chatfiler, does the chatfiler also work on player names? for example if I wanted to ban a tag, can I do that?
    - Maxping, for some reason the ingame sv_maxping doesn't work, now I've got CK Autokick running for this, but is there a diffrent way to implant this in the server, so you don't need a diff. program for it ?

- Is it possible to implant a 'sv_antidoorblock' or 'sv_antishark' ? Would be lovely to have this toggable in 1 and the same patch, though it's not a big deal/problem. At the moment I've put mapfix, antidoorblock, antishark & fps-crash fix in 1 pk3 and works excellent, no worries about conflicting files either, though not toggable or anything ofc.

Run out of thoughts atm hehe, my server test information is in a diffrent topic, which include some other points.
    Last edited by Shadow; June 9th, 2010 at 01:46 AM.

1. I think there will always be a limit, but I believe the limit is 34mb or something similar. In either case a txt file that is that big in size, would have to have a ridiculous amount of text in there. Probably several thousand lines, so I don't think size is a factor, but certainly if it causes crashes, then that would be something we would have to look into. Can you post a log or the error message you're getting?
    2. I haven't tried, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Try adding something like 123.123.123.* (obviously replace the 123 values). This should ban anyone with the first 3 octets of the ip.
    3. The chat filter filters out chats, so if they are using the tag name in the chat, then yes it would be filtered.
    4.For the max ping, yes this is possible to implement. It may not be the most stable implementation, but I have seen it work, and if I'm not mistaken I sent razorapid some examples of how it was done, so I'm not sure if he plans on using it or not.
    5. The door blocking will be fixed, I believe it will be toggable and fixed via pk3 form. As far as antisharking... Why on earth would you want to even allow sharking to begin with? I guess I'm just curious why there would be a need to toggle it? Sharking has been fixed multiple ways. Certainly the state fixes provided by elgan in the form of a pk3 is the best way and most recommended way. It can't be bypassed and it works without modifying the game play. I've done it via dll, but I still don't think it's as good as Elgans pk3 version. Although my method could be toggable.

I'd say if you confirm that the pk3 works properly, then stick with it. I don't see a reason to reinvent the wheel if it's already been done "solid". Like I said Elgans antishark is the best there will be. It won't get better. The fps fix same thing. This has been done via pk3 & via dll, still don't see a reasont o toggle this though. The antidoorblock, isn't universal so it would have to be implemented into specific maps (if I'm not mistaken). Read this thread for more info: http://x-null.net/forums/showthread....nti-Door-Block

I wont tell Razo or James what they have to do and what not, and I dont know if they share my view here, but my personal opinion is that we basically should keep it modularised in both the game server and refering to the coding work.

The things you can add to the gameserver are probably endless, just think of mohaa tv, integrated voiceserver, new scripting engine, new graphix engine etc, and you can probably spend many years of work on it. Concrete I mean, refering to the game engine, we (Razo) should only do stuff that can't be done in different ways or that MUST be done in the engine itself, all the fixes and anticheat belong to this, and I think thats already pretty much work , while for the admin related stuff and the like I believe there should not be more than an solid interface or just some rudimentarily stuff directly in the game engine be integrated. Not at last also on stability criteria and we do not have the moh source code so some things are unless harder to implement.

Long story short, I believe that those admin related stuff can be handled more effictivly and convenient with third party tools, in an ideal case its working closely together with the game engine/server.

Well, you might have already guessed it, now comes the marketing part : Im working on such a system which offers all that what u mentioned and much more (but its not finished yet). Practically unlimited bans (you may want to add 10,000 + bans and it won't have impact on the performance much), more than 10 different type of bans including ip, ip range, game guid, anticheat guid, clantag, bad names, time limits, unwanted names etc. Individual configuration possible with message, backchecking, delay time, type of kick etc. Further ban requests, trash bin for bans, whitelist, search functionality, ban appeals, adding of screenies, connection info to logfiles + database, multiple admins with individual rights. Theres a lot more just the list would be to long.
    It supports mulitple servers, multiple clans (in one app), and is not limited to just mohaa it supports ~ 70 games, it (will be) available for win/linux/mac and can be run on any pc or directly on the gameserver.

Im currently looking forward to have a pre-beta version (with limited functionality) soon available. If its something that interests you I will be happy to provide you with a version, though u need be patient, its a lot of work and much stuff isn't simply not available atm and I can't promise any dates, but I will add/release more functionalty as time goes by.

1. I'll check out what kind of error I'm getting when I get back from work. Though it crashes sometimes when trying to add an IP or name, and when I added several hundreds of IP's to the banlist, first everything worked fine, but an hour later or so the server crashed, and was unable to get back online untill I finally got the hint and removed the ipfilter and namefiler, and it started back up again.

2. Tried the IP Range yesterday, didn't work, didn't write anything in the iplist.

3. Great to know Thanx

4. If this can be done serverside without extern programs running then that would be perfect.

5. Yeah I'm currently using the antidoorblock, and my mate is working to make it toggable right now, he actually posted it the same time as I did on here. And about the antishark, well I agree most people don't want it to go off, but if you wanna have some fun for a while with some friends and cba to go out of the game, remove the .pk3 and start game back up, but now that I'm thinking about it, would be dangerous when playing a war, people might turn it off, shark, kill some one and turn it back on again. So I withdraw my thought about that 1.

And yeah the doorblock has to be implanted into other maps, trying that out aswell myself now to block it in other maps.

And I agree, don't re-invent the wheel, but my thought was more going out to placing them all in 1 package so conflict chances are slim and you don't need all those files in 1 folder (though ofc. this ain't a big problem or anything, just a thought).

@ JoTo, well mohaa tv, voiceserver etc. going a bit too far ya know, in comparisment to my thoughts. But your systems sound too good to be true, would love to test it when you get a beta out, and want to help in every way I can, a question though will it be integrated in the server, or an extern program like CK Autokick or MoH:AA CI ? Cause the major thing for admins to keep shitters out is to have a working maxping and the ability to have a non-crashing longlist of ip, name, badword that will always be on aslong as the server is on, meaning you don't need to keep your pc on to run CK Autokick or something similar.
    Last edited by Shadow; June 9th, 2010 at 02:05 AM.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Max IP's and Names amount is 1024. You shouldn't exceed this or server will crash on load, etc.

I will rewrite Banning system to work better or I will use Heiko's database system to do this.

Yes, IP ranges doesn't work but I have code waiting to add, that allows this.

This is still beta and that's why we don't add everything right away. We want t know that .dll itself is stable. Then we will release complete pack with all the fixes and new .pk3 file.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    @ JoTo, well mohaa tv, voiceserver etc. going a bit too far ya know, in comparisment to my thoughts. But your systems sound too good to be true, would love to test it when you get a beta out, and want to help in every way I can, a question though will it be integrated in the server, or an extern program like CK Autokick or MoH:AA CI ? Cause the major thing for admins to keep shitters out is to have a working maxping and the ability to have a non-crashing longlist of ip, name, badword that will always be on aslong as the server is on, meaning you don't need to keep your pc on to run CK Autokick or something similar.
    yes, I know, I mentioned that here because its probably better understandable what I mean, and except of mohaa tv all of them and a lot more have already been mentioned or discussed.
    Most of the stuff I mentioned is already implemented, more functionality is planned but not yet started / implemented / finished so I will not mention them so nobody will miss them Its a client server system and its an external program, it can be run directly on the game server, but must not, though it will (later) offer the most functionality there. Because you can run multiple clans/servers independently with one program server owners would be able to share for running it 24/7. The administration is mainly done with the client application (not finished yet) which belongs to the system. The pre-beta version I mentioned is the 'server/scanner/host' running as standalone app and I added simple local available functionality like kick/ban. I hope to be able to ship it in 1-2 weeks.

@ JoTo, will be waiting for it

Btw, I've asked it before in this topic, though I read the answer wrong, about adding like a clantag to a banlist is not possible correct? Seeing as namebanning requires the complete name, and chatfiler won't help either seeing as no one really ever types a tag, so is there any chance this will be implemented in a next version? (CK Autokick has this ability, which is lovely, you can ban a clantag or part of a name)
    For example: Bad word ''{CD}'' , {CD} n00b entered the battle, {CD} n00b will be kicked for bad word in name.
    Or: Bad word ''medo'' , {Egy}^medo^ entered the battle, {Egy}^medo^ will be kicked for bad word in name.

Well you probaly got the clue from the beginning already hehe.
    Last edited by Shadow; June 11th, 2010 at 12:01 PM.

system Im talking about is ready for testing, if you are still interested add me to xfire please: my ID is: beeemeeeup

basically it has the following name based functions: Bad names, checking names for bad words (like in the example you gave). Unwanted names, the difference is it checks for the whole name and can be handled different in the meaning what to do. Name bans, are handled like other bans (ip etc.). Clantag bans, is checking for clantags at the beginning or end of a name. Further you can define a maximum of allowed name changes, a minimum and maximum value of characters in the name. Bad names and others can have a backcheck functionality that means you can define a time while the player has chance to change name before kick. Further you can define autoban of IP, if so choosen players will be short time banned for a selected time eg. 10 minutes.
    All the functions are already included and tested but most are at the moment only accessible via the client which is not ready atm. Though they can be activated via changing the database, if that is an option for you I can guide you through, else you need to wait for the client.

It might be of interest so I like to add that it also has highping and in/outpinger kick function and also fill protection. It detects filling attacks (immediatly) and keeps the server joinable.
    I made test of the banning capacities and added 100000 bans, it worked flawlessly and was not noticeable usage of CPU was still ~ 1% , (though the startup time for loading and activating was +13 seconds, granted).

I'll add you tonight on xfire (at internship right now).
    Sounds great though, have about 1000+ bans waiting to get implemented in it hehe.

Fillprotection is always a plus aswell !
    Though, can u define in/outpinger ?

Btw does it have the ability to see (and kick) players with custom skins/models? Or perhaps to see if some1 hacked their mohaa.exe (which MoH:AA CI both does, though last one on a really basic level, only caught 3 players so far with that.)

Edit: Also, what kind (what sort of info) of logfiles does it create ?
    Last edited by Shadow; June 21st, 2010 at 04:48 AM.