Thread: AAAA MOHAA Map Database

Default AAAA MOHAA Map Database

Hi all well not exactly ground breaking but for a long time we often felt it was too much like hard work trying to find MOHAA maps - There are some great websites out there for MOHAA maps but we wanted to do things a little different.

Joto has an excellent Concept lined up for SCAPP for maps in the future but this is just website based.

So decided to see if we do some proof of concept to see if we could get something working how we wanted it - bottom line I am not Web Developer so was not expecting to get this far to be honest

-:

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

Well at present its all working but still work in progress so any feed back suggestions welcome.......

We only got it sorted last few days so we have a massive map collection of 3 but we wanted to make sure we had it right

You can check it on www.mohaaaa.co.uk you will need to be logged in and its on the main menu as "MOHAA MAPS"

Its all database so none of the webpages exist as web pages old school they are all views built from the database we have some ideas for the future to enhance it further........................

From Feed back we have now enhanced the features but we need support to get a few maps on their

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Looks nice and clean.

It's getting better and better, hope people on here also would like to share some maps and give some info about them to help the community a bit

Hi - Well its been a learning curve )) and an eye opener on the maps - I am going to update some fields as thinking about it although we have got all the info their dont think I have got the categories right.........

Example the fields Type and features I have not got them right........ Say Howitzer map I think would play in FFA Death match mode so is it fair to lablel it just OBJ and also Freeze Tag. So going to update that field so you can select the modes the map can play in. Another Example I think would be BOT maps I think they will play in a few modes depending on spawn points for Team without bots enabled.........

Ok So "Map type" will now be "Modes Map can run in"

Death Match - Free for All - set g_gametype 1
    Team Based - Team Death Match - set g_gametype 2
    Round Based - Round Based - set g_gametype 3
    Objective - Objective - set g_gametype 4
    Objective Freeze Tag - set g_gametype 4 (MEFY Mod Required server side)
    Standard - All Game types - set g_gametype 1 - 4
    Freeze Tag - set g_gametype 4 (MEFY Mod Required server side)
    Total conversion
    Liberation
    Capture the Flag
    Bots Enabled
    Single Player
    Builder Base
    Jail Break
    Base assault

This has been set as multi selection list so you can flag all the different game types - I guess Liberation and Jail Break the same I think ??? any others I have forgot ?

Builder Base what game modes can the maps run in ? map dependent ?? not played on that

Am I right just about any map will run FFA mode ? -

Then maps that are only FFA need Spawn points for any team mode ?

FFA and TDM use different spawns so a TDM only map needs FFA spawns and a FFA only needs TDM spawns

I would remove freezetag from the list since freezetag can basicly run on any map, for many other mods it is the same. I would just do: FFA, TDM, OBJ, SP, BOTS
    :)

Ok Thanks Possimos - have gone back to basics on Map type - but have covered other features under "Feature mod" - not saying I got it right yet but trying to cover all options