Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: server welcome messages

Haha, well I saw some of these responses, so I wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page. For example, technically what RyBack responded with is correct, but ever since Reborn's implementation we introduced A LOT of new functions that haven't been used before. So this opens up many doors to new mods, but it breaks a lot of the old mods. So that's why we recommend using Reborn.

Now my question to valy1393 is why would you disregard using the newest version of MOHAA any way? There have been so many glitches and issues fixed even going from 1.0 to 1.11, and of course Reborn added even more functionality. Even if you used Reborn for the functionality itself and disabled all other features I think it would still be beneficial for game play.

well isn't the only difference between 1.0 1.1 the server thing? Where it checks the for servers or something like that?

That's a visual addition yes, but there are many glitches that were fixed in the game.

so that tells me he likes the glitches, not a reborn kind of guy

All my friends play 1.0, nobody wants to leave 1.0 to 1.1

I honestly don't see why not.... The game play doesn't change, it only gets better because there are less glitches and vulnerabilities...
    It's not like you're changing from MOHAA to COD... In either case, if you'll be upgrading it should be from 1.0 to 1.11. I don't know what to tell you, other than if you want to rewrite the mod so that it works for 1.0 then you can try, other than that, I feel that not upgrading a game is just silly and ignorant in my opinion.

Maybe Sor, Elgan, Purple Elephant or one of our other knowledgable scripters can take a stab at this if they like.

We decided to go to mohaa 1.1, can you tell me what used to game server that you have? admin tools, protect svr. etc.

I saw that people from LuV clan had a very good game server knows someone using?

Before reborn there was no way to send input to the server's console and there is no other way to make the server console broadcast messages like that,
    so this mod cannot be implemented on a server without reborn.
    Morpheus Script (MoH) => You try to shoot yourself in the foot only to discover that MorpheusScript already shot your foot for you.

Purple Developer Purple Elephant1au's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sor View Post
    Before reborn there was no way to send input to the server's console and there is no other way to make the server console broadcast messages like that,
    so this mod cannot be implemented on a server without reborn.
    Well no easy way to broadcast console messages, but still possible without reborn :-P

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :
    103.29.85.127:12203
    xfire: purpleelephant1au
    email: purpleelephant1au@gmail.com
    skydrive: PurpleElephantSkydrive

hello valy1393,

LuV is my clan and all my servers are running on the reborn patch... its lagfree... easy to install... and the best thing is the support behind the patch.
    There is always someone that like to help when problems occure .
    If u need help with something just message on this forum and we will all help u setting up the server as u like .

greets slim