Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crashes

um, I just tried renaming my self to server close\\ and then renamed myself to hi and typed server close ----- nothing happened????? I don't get it. I'm unable to crash my own server? ahaahaha.

"server close\\" is not the thing that is crashing the server. It is just a way for the guy to make himself known
    :)

Yeah, it's just a distraction. We are looking at the issue right now. We have a general idea of how it's being caused, but we're trying to figure out how to replicate it on our end.

Quote Originally Posted by Razo[R]apiD View Post
    I would say this could be clint.

Anyway, gkdestroyer, do you have any logs for me to look at? As I said, this could be a modified flood attack, and if thats the case, then your not safe with 2.5 either. But maybe there is an error in RC3 itself I hope you can provide me with some logs. All in all we want to make it better.

Can i ask did you update it the other afternoon ,Ive asked a few times but not had a direct answer of yes or no ?

I let joto look at my box and files though remote desktop also and we could not see anything far as im aware

If its a new kind of hack then for sure our server would still get crashed with the 2.5 on .. All i have on these servers now is the 2.5 gamma and the new sever.exe that was made by some one here to stop the flooding and the server as been really good .
    I just can not see it being an attack as the 2.5 version then would also get hit /crashed . Thats why i thought you updated and what you updated with was causing the crash cos soon as i dropped back a patch all ok if you know what i mean.

Dont take offence to this because you all do a brilliant job and i appreciate it so much you taking the time to even do this work you do .
    Since the Rc3 ive had nothing but trouble . Cant use a program and did not get really much help to sort it out and the ip txt was not always read by the patch and it never removed banned players. So after weeks of that then this crashing its drove me mad .Not sure if im a fan of the auto update cos if theres an issue like now i dont know if you updated it or not on that day and time to know if it was due to this and not being told if it was updated or not makes it harder.
    If you put a mod on your server it crashes you know its due to that mod some how if some one puts it in and you dont know your screwed to know the cause ..
    And i know you say its not as safe but ive had less problems ,No crashing and i can use a program to admin the server also the only downside with the 2.5 patch is the amount of messing to get admins of the servers to understand what i ask them to do and when there not english admins even harder work for us all ..
    Last edited by gkdestroyer; May 2nd, 2012 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Possimos View Post
    "server close\\" is not the thing that is crashing the server. It is just a way for the guy to make himself known
    I see alot of this in our server we get all kinds of nutters but ive never known it to crash from names being like this .
    All ive noticed is it does not show there name when there killed or been killed or they chat.. But i just ban or kick depending on the name if some one comes in with serverclose// Then i would ban as i dont want people in like that..
    Last edited by gkdestroyer; May 2nd, 2012 at 01:34 AM.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

This doesn't crash the server. It was just to inform players that crash is coming.

I replied to you. Maybe you didn't see my answer because later on I pruned all my shouts on shoutbox.

Current version is 1.105, and it's the version I informed everyone about in Patch Progress thread and on shoutbox. Nothing changed later.

You are using JoTos GSProtector which behaves in a bit other fashion than RC3 anti flood protection. That is why you don't get crashes. This is because cheaters changed their tools and now are able to bypass the antiflood in RC3.

I've also asked you about any logs you could have so I can make sure what caused crashes. This is what I need to make patch better.

Yesterday I spent few hours digging old posts with logs and errors and checking them to patch as much as I can right now.

Also I didn't hear from you anything about bans not being loaded as far as I remember. If you did, it's enough if you remind me because I'm often busy and a lot of people want something from me so I sometimes forget about stuff.

Again, most stuff doesn't tell me anything until I can see logs. So logs, logs and logs again, please.

This is the only reason we've managed to recognize some kind of a new crash.

So there was no update the other afternoon ? ... I did not see a chat box post so i dont know if it was also did not see a post of patch progress.

I understand your busy with alot of other things to do other than this .It must be hard work and annoying for you all .

I was using JoTos GSProtector with RC3 and it still crashed. = So if this was the case wouldnt jotos one of stopped it when using rc3 like it does then using the 2.5 one?
    I would like to test if i remove jotos gs protector and just run 2.5 patch version would it crash .. I might test this to see if it does crash then we know .

Its hard to get logs when the server was getting crashed and the log files reset as the server would boot back up right away. Sorted that now though for them to save to another location after a crash so if it happens i will be able to give them to you ..
    Thanks
    Last edited by gkdestroyer; May 2nd, 2012 at 03:22 AM.

Thanks for incoming logs

Im still non of the wiser sorry ...
    Thats not answered any of my questions really .
    Will save the logs no problem
    Last edited by gkdestroyer; May 2nd, 2012 at 03:26 AM.

What do you mean by "the other afternoon". How can I know which afternoon do you mean? Go to Patch Progress thread, take a look at the date when I've posted about update. Did you see it, is this the afternoon you have in mind?

This should answer your question. All I can say is that 1.105 is the latest and I didn't do any updates after this one.