Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AAAA Mod database

Default AAAA Mod database

Hi all after doing the map Database decided to do a Mod database also -:
    mod1.jpgmod2.jpg

http://www.mohaaaa.co.uk/AAAAMOHAA/c...a-mod-database

Built from what we learnt on the map database................

Fields can be searched and sorted

looks nice. can you make the map DB so you dont have to log in? thats the only thing that is stopping a lot of people from using it

Are these files being validated before getting published? I'm just asking from a security perspective to make sure the map is an actual working map and not some kind of virus or malicious code or script waiting to get executed or extracted.

Quote Originally Posted by blaz!ng View Post
    looks nice. can you make the map DB so you dont have to log in? thats the only thing that is stopping a lot of people from using it
    Hi Blazing I thought you could already to access read only and download (( - just tested and have removed the login box now - So you only have to login to upload

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Are these files being validated before getting published? I'm just asking from a security perspective to make sure the map is an actual working map and not some kind of virus or malicious code or script waiting to get executed or extracted.
    Hi James - so far its just my self and shadow uploading but we will moderate and check when new files are added

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Was thinking about this - Going to add two more fields to both Map and Mod Database -:

The first will be "File tested and Validated" Where one of the moderators signs off to say file safe and tested to say it is what it claims to be and the second will be "Reborn Compatible" Where we are able to say if the mod works with reborn - Dont see any need for this second field on the maps though as far as I am aware all maps work with Reborn ?

Ok thats all done as above

Yeah all maps should work with reborn HOWEVER, remember the flooding of the dcl file (which apparently doesn't even get used).

Quote Originally Posted by macadoum View Post
    Cool, it is something like that I have said to James to put in this site, but he was angry after me... you don't let people vote
    heatsinkbot, why you don't let user rating your mods and maps, i prefere.

Putain ça devient de pire en pire, j'arrive plus à écrire un anglais correct. Quelle langue minable.
    Going a bit off topic so moved it here............

There is already full rating and comment/review -:

rate.jpg

comment.jpg

If you are not logged in you wouldn't be able to click on the vote this is to stop multi clicking votes.

Hi all from feed back and the fact we have now added skins to the MOD database and from what we have learnt from the map database - with the help of Shadow I have removed some fields that were not needed and done a big tidy up on layout...........

Its now a lot cleaner and easier to upload - all credit again to shadow for his time and effort in all the uploads

Any feed back welcome if anyone has any ideas