Thread: Callvote Suggestions for Reborn

Default Callvote Suggestions for Reborn

Hey All,

I have a few suggestions regarding the callvote improvements made in Reborn. Perhaps some of my suggestions have already been implemented. If so, could you please tell me how I would configure it?

Is there a way to set the vote percentage threshold for when the vote will pass? For example:

Code:
    set votepercent 75 // 75% of players must approve a vote for it to pass
    Is there a way to set a configurable number of clients that must be playing in the server before votes are valid? This needs to be implemented. Else, a player can join a server and trash it because the vote will always pass if there is 1-3 players playing in the server. For example:

Code:
    set voteactivation 4 // 4 players must be playing in the server before votes can be called
    Also, would it be possible to add a command that will list the name of each client and their client ID in console so that any player can retrieve a list of client_ID numbers? This would be helpful so other players can call a vote to kick another client / ban another client? All it should do is list the client number and their name. No other information should be output. The IP addresses should only be revealed for admins using rcon status or ad_status.

For example:

Code:
    callvote banid clientnumber  // Players can vote to ban a particular client for a configurable amount of time set through server.cfg cvar such as set tempBanTime 24 [24 hour ban]
    Now, do I think guests should have the power to permanently ban players? No. However, blatant cheaters should be banned until an administrator can take action. Often times, I hear complaints that my server is a main attraction for hackers, and I can't admin the server myself all the time, as I have a real life to live.

Any chance a new vote command could be added / scripted to ban an IP address for a configurable number of hours that all clients can call in a vote? Could the IP address and player's name be added to a different text file than the ipfilter.cfg if the vote passes that prevents them from connecting?

Also, if a client is able to ban other clients temporarily, an exclusion IP address list should also be read to determine if the affected player can in fact be banned.

I'm tired of the hackers running rampant in my servers with complains rolling in. It's time to give players the power to take action, but it must be done correctly. Can this be done?

my own experiences with callvote werent so good:

- There is a sort of bug with the kick, which is that you can callvote a kick "all" which will empty the server (dunno if I remember it right though)
    - If you give some power to the players, no-one will use it, either because they dont know about it, or dont know how to do it since there is no simple to use menu for it
    - it doesnt prevent from hackers / cheaters, because players not interested or they will just go to another server
    - Those few that might be interested in using callvote you can also give directly sub-admin power

Doesn't reborn's voting system have a menu now? I personally never used the voting thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sor View Post
    Doesn't reborn's voting system have a menu now? I personally never used the voting thing.
    Yes, it does! This is why I'd like to use it, as it's much simpler now. It would be nice though if players could cast a vote by simply typing y in global chat for yes or n in global chat for no.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

You can create a menu for them using huddraw and keypress event handler, just like Elgstats do for custom menus.

You can't change the precentage that will pass the vote. The majority is always taken. If it's 50-50% there will be a draw.

Imho system should allow players playing alone to change the map or something, without needing another players to do so.

I will take other suggestions into consideration.

Most of the things you would like can be done with mod's.

You can get players IDs and create a list and show it to player on keypress event and so on, and you can also issue rcon commands so you can create a very advanced voting system just with modding.

You can count player votes (keypresses), you can show them the list of players along with their IDs, you can issue commands to server and you can store and read values from files.

This could be an interesting mod or project for someone. But yes, I'll try to add additional stuff to voting system.

Technically, the entire voting system can now be replicated in script

Quote Originally Posted by Razo[R]apiD View Post

Most of the things you would like can be done with mod's.

You can get players IDs and create a list and show it to player on keypress event and so on, and you can also issue rcon commands so you can create a very advanced voting system just with modding.

You can count player votes (keypresses), you can show them the list of players along with their IDs, you can issue commands to server and you can store and read values from files.

This could be an interesting mod or project for someone. But yes, I'll try to add additional stuff to voting system.
    Is there a way to check if a vote has been called and is active? If so, I would probably write a script to do this, as it does not sound hard to implement.

Don't think so, but I think Razo implied that if you're scripting the voting system, script it entirely.
    If you do that, you can know for sure which vote is out, how many votes have been cast and how many left.

Hello,

Seems there is bug in vote that if player call a vote and there are no votes from players , this player who called it his vote will success even with no other votes !! How to fix this bug please mohaa needs good vote for kick (at night for cheaters)

u have ot wait till next patch getrs.