Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reborn RC3 Too Much Lag When Connecting and Running Single Player Multiplayer Maps

Default Reborn RC3 Too Much Lag When Connecting and Running Single Player Multiplayer Maps

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to say that I really like the new features in Reborn RC3 and have been enjoying it! However, I cannot stand this lag anymore when a client connects. Razo, is there any way you can reduce the connection latencies for players? People first join with 5000 pings, and intermissions now take about 3 minutes when running single player MP maps. Everything has just become slower than molasses when a player is connecting or the map is changing. My servers have taken a popularity hit, and I think it must be because of Reborn RC3. Once connected, everything is great, but this is turning down a lot of players for me. (Looks as though the update tries to also go through each map change even though my update hours are set to 999) I have reverted to gamma 2.5 on all of my servers except the rabbit server.

Please keep up the great work in protecting our servers from flooding, and I don't mean to come off as sounding rude. You have no idea how much I appreciate this project, but we've got to do better in this respect. Looking forward to the next release. We shouldn't have to set sv max_ping to 99999 anyways, not that it matters to me --- it's a simple settings change.
    Last edited by own3mall; March 29th, 2012 at 10:21 PM.

Banned

I don't getit. if people are coming in with too high pings, you should be blocking them with lower max pings..not higher.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Yeah, but the anti-flood makes the game count higher pings than they are in reality.

Anyway, I've reduced delay to 200ms which should be fine.

Can you give me a patchver interna; version you are using?

Quote Originally Posted by Razo[R]apiD View Post
    Yeah, but the anti-flood makes the game count higher pings than they are in reality.

Anyway, I've reduced delay to 200ms which should be fine.

Can you give me a patchver interna; version you are using?
    It says I'm running 1.010

Isn't it 2.5?

I was talking about RC3 internal version that lags for you.

Isn't it 2.5?

I was talking about RC3 internal version that lags for you.
    That is my RC3 version. I got that number from our rabbit server which is still running RC3 Linux.

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/122611823-4.jpg
    Last edited by own3mall; March 30th, 2012 at 11:43 AM.

hehe it's written 2.5 beta

Yeah, but it's RC3. Trust me. Else the team switching in under 1 second wouldn't work.

Force the update. Because newer versions have the flood delay lowered.

Also it seems like your rabbit mod is sending too much stufftextes or something, or somebody has too much setu cvars or is spamming you with client commands.

It's bad if you have your console spammed with MAX_PACKET_USERCMDS

To force the update, open update_reborn.txt and change the year (you will easily recognize it) to the previous one or even more, so you will exceed your 999 hours time span between update checks. (Btw. it's not a good option because I'm now constantly updating something and you are missing important fixes)

And then change the map twice. You should get 1.103

Force the update. Because newer versions have the flood delay lowered.
    Will do... I'll change it to check for updates every 12 hours.

Also it seems like your rabbit mod is sending too much stufftextes or something, or somebody has too much setu cvars or is spamming you with client commands.

It's bad if you have your console spammed with MAX_PACKET_USERCMDS
    This is not caused by the rabbit mod. It happens every time [on my computer only] no matter what server after I use the following clientside command:

Code:
    com_maxfps 1000

And then change the map twice. You should get 1.103
    Got it; will do.