Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RC3 Linux Bugs

Default RC3 Linux Bugs

Hey Razo,

I finally noticed some bugs. First, when a player is kicked, it kicks 2 people. Not sure why, but it happened to us several times. Also, when a player leaves, could dischat be reset back to enable for that client number? I had to dischat a couple of players who entered later because chat was still disabled for a couple of clients.

Other than that, I really haven't noticed anything serious.

Also, I'm still getting a lot of these in my qconsole

Code:
    NET_SendPacket ERROR: Operation not permitted to 92.40.254.161:80
    NET_SendPacket ERROR: Operation not permitted to 46.166.140.132:80
    NET_SendPacket ERROR: Operation not permitted to 46.166.140.132:80
    Also, is there a way to force an update for the patch? My update_reborn.txt has the following:

Code:
    04/14/03/16/03/2012 04:14:03 AM
    What does that mean?

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Do you have an updated version?
    I clear the settings after player disconnection so if someone enters it shouldn't affect them. I did it in 1.102 version, do you have it?

The spamming might have another source

HH/MM/SS/DD/MM/YYYY

Hours, minutes, seconds, days, month, year

If a player pings out, and he re-enters, his name may show up as another player's name in the server. If you kick the pinged out client, since the name matches another client temporarily until the next round, both players are kicked. The updated version seems to have applied, and I'm no longer having problems with the dischat affecting new players entering the server. However, kick problem is still there I believe.

Can you write a testing scenrio for this? This may be caused by MoHAA itself. The player structure is fresh and empty for each connecting player. We reset the memory so this should not happen unless the connect procedure is ommited somehow and if this is the case, then it's mohaa engine internals and we'll have to deal with them.

Oh I see this all the time where a player crashes or whatever, and their name changes to usually client 0's name. It will also show their playtime as however long the server has been running.

Quote Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
    Oh I see this all the time where a player crashes or whatever, and their name changes to usually client 0's name. It will also show their playtime as however long the server has been running.
    Lol, so I'm not the only one who noticed that! I thought I was seeing things
    It doesn't happened to me a lot, only a few times so far (Linux RC2.5)
    But after a while that 'ghost' is dropped and there are no ill effects to the server
    as far as I can tell.

I forgot to note that I've seen this before Reborn too.

This is how MoHAA works then. I wasn't sure if I'm thinking right but you confirmed my concerns. It just how MoHAA works since it uses UDP instead of TCP/IP. Theresn't a "hardware" connection session. MoHAA handles the session itself. If you loose connection, your data won't be dropped right away so you can rejoin and still have your data saved. It's because of the session timeout.

Sometimes it happens that you can join server as a fresh player and get into the slot of the player that left few seconds before you, and you will get all his kills and so on. This is because MoHAA assumed he has lost his connection and kept his data for certain amount of time until he sends next packet. In the meantime you jumped into his place, game considers you as him just with different config, name and so on.

hmmm thats correct, but its somehow buggy or its unfinished work in the engine, becuz:

I checked the data that is being send to and from server, and each packet is numbered consecutivly with an integer value, applies to both packets from and to server.
    If a player reconnects these values will start from beginning (I did not checked that, but I assume its how it should work) and the engine should notice that and therefor not apply old values from previous player of same slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Razo[R]apiD View Post
    Sometimes it happens that you can join server as a fresh player and get into the slot of the player that left few seconds before you, and you will get all his kills and so on. This is because MoHAA assumed he has lost his connection and kept his data for certain amount of time until he sends next packet. In the meantime you jumped into his place, game considers you as him just with different config, name and so on.
    Is this what the sv_zombietime cvar (in seconds) is used for, Razor?
    e.g set sv_zombietime 20 will keep the players data for 20 seconds before clearing the slot?