Thread: Old libc

Default Old libc

Is there any chance RC3 could be linked against libc 2.5 and posted? I know, I know, it's old but I can't easily upgrade to a newer version.
    It would be sincerely appreciated
    =|UWS|=|SA|Vince - Head Serveradmin - mohaa.uwsclan.us (MOH:AA - FT)

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Well, I didn't change the libs really. We are using cURL libs for auto-update which may mean that cURL is using newer libs which I'm not really able to change.

Why can't you update?

Quote Originally Posted by Razo[R]apiD View Post
    Well, I didn't change the libs really. We are using cURL libs for auto-update which may mean that cURL is using newer libs which I'm not really able to change.

Why can't you update?
    From what I've read updating your libc under CentOS 5 is very hard to do and might break the OS.
    It will only detect it's missing that dependency when it has almost fully started. By which I mean that if I don't load the server.cfg, it will start fine but as soon as I do it will generate the following:
    PHP Code:
    Load of "/opt/mohaa/MOHAA_scrim/fgameded.so" failed!
    Reason"/lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /opt/mohaa/MOHAA_scrim/fgameded.so)"

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Well, I think you don't have to update it, you should be able to have both versions. LD should find them if they are either in your /usr/lib or /lib/ .

You should also be able to download the libs to separate folder and execute MoHAA like this:

LD_PRELOAD="/home/newglibc/libc.so.6" ./whatever/mohaa_lnxded +exec server.cfg

Can't seem to get it to work. First I managed to download a 64 bit version which gave me a Wrong ELF error.
    And now, after making sure it's 32 bit, I'm running into this error when plainly running "./mohaa_lnxded +exec server.cfg":
    PHP Code:
    error while loading shared librarieslibc.so.6cannot open shared object fileNo such file or directory 
    That is without LD preloading it. With it, the following is said:
    PHP Code:
    ERRORld.soobject 'libc.so.6' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloadedignored
    It is properly symlinked though:
    PHP Code:
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 11 Mar 12 14:27 /lib/libc.so.6 -> libc-2.7.so 
    So I'm stuck, any suggestions Razo? Or anyone else for that matter