Thread: Patch Lag

Default Patch Lag

Hi all had a bad weekend...................

This is all going to sound negative its just well just wasted a weekend and got no where (

I have felt like a customer complaints department

All I have done is look at bloody log files

I am running 40+ mohaa servers and had multiple issues all different so have had to sift the logs to find the issue's...........

I have a intermittent network issue on my host which I have now proven to my supplier as it occurs across my servers this is now getting looked into so thats ongoing

Game server crashes well every one is different so all the users are running differnt mods on mods and custom maps with patch and god knows......... this is not a hosting issue its just errors on errors - I can run a stock mohaa game for a month without crash but try to tell a user that their server build is crap...............

LAG - well where do I start once I have worked out what one server is running and am happy that it should not lag and is not network or hardware performance I keep on hitting the patch...............

Each server different settings this on that on wh this mode 4,3,2,1 then stufftext and so on then get asked what should all the settings be...... well you could spend all week on here and end up with different settings answer every time............

Seem's to be 20 max plus players limit on most of the settings but I just re read loads of stuff on here and TBH I am none the wiser now and been on here god knows how long!!!

If you come on here and want to start for the first time its a mine field the patch IMO is over complicated

You only have to read some of the posts that are asked over and over again the documentation is out of date and most go away and turn all features on and TBH I no longer know myself what should be on of or in what mode

Sorry just frustrated but we need to sort out all this as its over complicated and I no longer understand what the patch setup is or should be TBH

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

We've been asking our mods to create an online documentation, but it doesn't exist. If you will, then you could make one that is up to date.
    I am well aware of the need of good documentation. I stopped pdating it because we need an online one, thatis easy to update.

Please contact me via PM.

some sort of Default Settings mode with the optimum settings would be nice, and that server owners can easily reset to server to this mode (via rcon for example)

some days ago had the idea of a lag-detector in mind, a detector that will identify the cause of lag as it is know very hard to say what causes lag, there are so many sources for lag. Would be much work though I believe.

I think not using anti-wh at all is at the moment the best option for the patch.

Yeh would be nice Joto - but again as you said anti-wh off but a lot of the servers are running it, the problem is they set it all up then load their mods on top and run with a few players and think its great then one night they run a few more players and it all goes lag city.

One thing to note Razor all the AAAA servers have spare capacity and when a game server does lag their is still spare memory and CPU on the host so is internal to MOHAA but agree a good spec server is essential but I am not seeing any hardware issues.

My problem is every server is different and a lot of the time its bad mods with lots of errors but then I see loads of different setups with the patch.

So IMO these settings ???

set sv_recoilemulation "1"
    set sv_stufftextdetection "0"
    set sv_antiwh "0"
    set sv_antistwh "1"

or set sv_antiwh "4" ??

The CPU and Mem is fine as you say, but what about 40+ servers having one bandwidth?

Hi Razor they are spread over three physical servers so each with their own network and I also monitor that side and again we are running well under capacity - dont get me wrong we do get problems with the hardware such as looping processes and DOS attacks and a like at present our host is looking into the network issues but they have reported random attacks on their network. But we been working on it all weekend when I noticed some of the settings on the patch on some of the clan servers.

Sure, I would be more than pleased to know which configs cause the worst lag, so we could tweak them and make patch faster.