Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch Progress

hi ...
    forceupdate cmd not working on our linux server ????
    works fine on windows server...
    =COH=Ubersoldier/Dax
    mess with the best ,die like the rest !!!

Purple Developer Purple Elephant1au's Avatar

mm strange.. works for my linux sever
    forceupdate came into affect in v 1.116 i think , maybe thats why?

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :
    103.29.85.127:12203
    xfire: purpleelephant1au
    email: purpleelephant1au@gmail.com
    skydrive: PurpleElephantSkydrive

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

You can edit your update_reborn.txt

http://www.x-null.net/wiki/index.php...ate_reborn.txt

and set the year to 2012 for example, and start the server again, it should trigger the update

hi ...
    seems it is still on 1.15...will edit the update txt....thanks a million !!!
    =COH=Ubersoldier/Dax
    mess with the best ,die like the rest !!!

Some information
    ----------------

First of all Hi I'm sorry I've been inactive lately - I had a lot of things to do and to think about, I've been on holidays this week, and worked a lot as well because we have a deadline coming so 10-15h a day...

Some words about the patch progress:
    -------------------------------------

I've fixed some issues with client-side patch, and I'm fixing few issues with server-side patch too.
    There isn't a lot to do for server-side patch right now, therefore I'd like to focus on client-side.
    However, I have few ideas I want to implement for server-side patch and they should be available in next version Maybe soon I'll tell you what they are

I'd like you to post some features we talked about, or some new ones that are the bridge between server and client. But I'm not talking here about animations etc. but more about information data passing. For example we talked that it would be nice to pass client screen resolution to server, or binding keys without adding them to player's config. Things like this, because now I want to create some integration bridge between server and client. (Please post in a new thread)

I would also like to give MoHAA a bit more community based gameplay. Maybe in-built rankings, scoring system, account system, achievements or something like this, but still with original gameplay, feeling and soul.

For this we need a new web page, written from scratch that will support features we need. I have a vision for this, and can prepare basic schemes and UML diagrams together with DB structure but we would need people to code it. I will post more information in different thread.

-------------------------------------------------

What's more - we really need to clean up few projects. I'd like to finish Masterserver and make sure it's at least 99% reliable, host it and use it. Next thing is the mod framework that Sor has been implementing. We need to sum up what we have, what we need and estimate the time needed to finish it.

I also need someone to update .pk3 fixes in reborn.pk3

-------------------------------------------------

Say what you think.

Purple Developer Purple Elephant1au's Avatar

Great to see you back!! :P

Updated for the pk3 is something i could possible do.
    I created one with Sors framework and included a few more fixes like antishark from top of ladders, it was fixed here but never added to the current reborn.pk3,aswell as the state file missing an 'end' for the check_team_swap.scr, which caused a few strange problems lol.

EDIT: lol just read RR other post in that section
    Also if we are still in need of an eventhandler, theres always mine :P i just updated it to fix a few bugs like bug scores on mapchange , spawn event not working properly for freezetag
    Last edited by Purple Elephant1au; October 1st, 2013 at 05:25 AM.

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :
    103.29.85.127:12203
    xfire: purpleelephant1au
    email: purpleelephant1au@gmail.com
    skydrive: PurpleElephantSkydrive

Mmm, for now let's just have complete solutions in reborn pak file. We will include the framework when it's completely done. I don't want people start using it incomplete because it may cause a regression.

With to the Master Server have posted on the dev section something changed X-null side so as far as I know its all running on the AAAA server but its got issues with X-null.......

So yeh need some help on this

I agree with your vision but we must complete existing projects first the client side first and get it into the wild - at present MOHAAC is quiet the other dude who created mmdl not been active since so we never got a MOHAA release and so on......................

Great to see you back but lol once again you are taking on to much - we all most focus on one area and not spin off already so many projects active we must complete !!!

So I think we should get back to the client and the above idea's are rockin the shit as you said but no good if nothing gets finished

HSB, we changed servers so we got a new IP now. 173.236.227.80

Nothing else changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Razo[R]apiD View Post
    I'd like you to post some features we talked about, or some new ones that are the bridge between server and client. But I'm not talking here about animations etc. but more about information data passing. For example we talked that it would be nice to pass client screen resolution to server, or binding keys without adding them to player's config. Things like this, because now I want to create some integration bridge between server and client. (Please post in a new thread)
    First off, let me say that I'm quite embarrassed to have missed this post and not notice it until now.

In the meantime, I've thinking along these lines a lot, in fact, regarding the framework. It would be a godsend to have the patch simplifying this process of data interaction between
    client and server because I'm using very inelegant workarounds at the moment...

Where should I make this new thread? I have a lot of ideas about this that have been maturing over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Razo[R]apiD View Post
    I would also like to give MoHAA a bit more community based gameplay. Maybe in-built rankings, scoring system, account system, achievements or something like this, but still with original gameplay, feeling and soul.

For this we need a new web page, written from scratch that will support features we need. I have a vision for this, and can prepare basic schemes and UML diagrams together with DB structure but we would need people to code it. I will post more information in different thread.
    I know enough PHP and RDBMS to get the job done on the server's end.

However, the actual website designing isn't really my area. I tend to fiddle around all the time and worry about color, buttons and whatnot.

P.S.: I can't seem to find that thread?
    Morpheus Script (MoH) => You try to shoot yourself in the foot only to discover that MorpheusScript already shot your foot for you.