Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ideas for reborn

in my opinion u can not use a wallhack and play against others to see if they hack.... just go to spectate and take your time, having an wallhakc in your main is in my eyes not good

I don't have a wallhack in my main, it doesn't work like that. And I disagree, everyone else admins how they see fit, and this has worked for years.

And the point of the wallhack is to know that you're not just looking at a wall, I can see who you're looking at. My wallhack is undetectable, so it's not a matter of risk, (I actually haven't tested it with reborn anti wh, I should do that) Sometimes the best way to defeat your enemy is from the inside. It's specifically for my server, I don't use it and "admin" other servers. And just so you guys know, there's one problem with spectate. I know you're spectating. I don't know about other hacks but mine has a panic button to turn it off immediately. I got tired of suspecting and not being able to see the proof.

And it's not that I see you look at me through a wall and ban you, I stealth walk around the map, to sneak up on you, if you follow me TOO well, then I know.

I'm not suggesting my way, I'm merely saying don't knock it till you try it. Spectating is great, but catching hackers for me personally is MUCH MUCH easier from the inside. They won't turn their hack off if they don't know I'm watching

I just prefer a more direct approach I guess lol
    I also focus on THAT person. I'll kill no one with a hack on, I simply walk, watch, and die.

Y'all have your way, I have mine, as unorthodox as it may be, it's worked for me for years without fail. Hackers expect you to watch, they don't expect you to hack.

I know I'm not the only admin that does it, just the only one willing to say it.

It's just how I choose to admin, I make sure I have good reason to suspect you before I turn it on. And by good reason I mean more than most cops probable cause. I make damn sure, because I've been banned for hacks when clean, it's NOT fun.
    Last edited by Gotcha; July 24th, 2015 at 12:18 PM.

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. And while cheating is frowned upon, it is YOUR server, so you can run it any way you choose to run it.
    The current version of reborn just prevents wallhacking/chams from the source. It doesn't do anything else, so it should universally stop it regardless of what form you use (client hook, ogl, hybprid, pk3 (though I'm curious if yours is)). Based on what you mentioned it sounds like it's a client hook. Possibly wambot or maybe some form similar to it.

Any way it doesn't really matter. I agree every admin has their own method that works for them, and if it works for you, then that's all that really matters.

And also, everything that Reborn has, well it wouldn't have been possible without the knowledge of how hacks work. As a developer it's important to know what you're working with, that's how you learn how to prevent it.

to play whit wh u no are a admin,only other cheaters
    cheters catch cheters?wat is that?
    your wh is a dll,reborn block this cheats,maybe where u test this wh no have set good
    if u set good reborn and add anticham,ac,make a ss to suspect,or other stuff and maybe watch a little to spect like other admins
    nice admin u are gotcha :P tell me your server to no connect there lol
    Last edited by davio; July 24th, 2015 at 01:00 PM.

Glad to see m0d hippY knows where I'm coming from :P. It's just easier to work like that. Why would cops go undercover if they can just spectate? Because one works better in certain situations. I don't hack, and I refuse to, especially on a game with 300 players. It's just about making it easy.
    I don't "play with a wh" just to clarify. It exists in my MoHAA and is turned on for admin purposes only. There is a difference between what I do, and the abuse of hackers. I use their own tools against them. Didn't the creator of the MoHFill crash also make the fix for it? Or at the least he let us know it was possible. It wasn't kept as a private tool, to be abused, it was released as a proof of concept and showed us we needed a fix. With great power comes great responsibility, and I refuse to abuse my tools or admin commands (unlike some admin).

As has been said a million times, someone will find a way to bypass anything. This included screenshots etc. aside from that I hate forced screenshots, only because people rarely take te time to email pics, they'll just pick another server.

Thank you James for understanding where I'm coming from, I was hoping atleast one person would lol
    On a side note I HATE wambot, any aim bot but wambot was popular as hell. What I use is indeed a dll, OpenGL. It's just a simple menu with a few color options. I just meant that I'd never checked it personally as I only use it in my server and haven't used the anti wallhack, I never use it anywhere else so I will only know once I test it, but I do figure it stops it.
    Last edited by Gotcha; July 24th, 2015 at 01:33 PM.

if u spect...whit wh maybe i agree u are watch for.but u say u play whit wh..how u call this?u using wh to catch other cheters,but no spect..im playng whit wh.really?sry but i no agree this mod and no agree cheters

As I've stated I don't play with it. Think of it as being in spec, but you can't tell I'm in spec, and you have the option to shoot me. If anyone speced me during this they'd be able to tell what I'm doing, I run around, and stealth walk. I don't kill, and I constantly make my way to my suspect, and again I don't kill him. I shoot to the left of people, so it seems like I'm playing and not watching. I purposely miss. If you're a hacker and you pay attention you see when an admin goes into spec. Especially if someone says "nice wh", which is very common. All they have to do is turn it off and play normal for 5 minutes. Any fair admin doesn't ban without proof, if you don't see them hacking you don't ban. This ensures I witness them hacking and I don't false ban ( if this has happened to you then you understand how frustrating that is). As I've said I'm not recommending my method, but there's a difference between playing with a hack and administrating with a hack.

Anyway, any other ideas for reborn? I didn't come here to hijack the thread, just deposit my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Gotcha; July 24th, 2015 at 01:44 PM.

This thread did get a bit side-tracked yeah, unfortunately I want to add one more thing to that haha xD

I agree that every admin is in their right to do what they want to protect their server, and I don't see much harm in Gotcha's way of doing so. For me, I sometimes spectate the potential hacker, but if I cba to go into spectator or if it's too unclear, I just play against the cheater myself. And really.. that for me is the most effective way to detect a cheater, cause I know what another player can or can't know and I have anti-wh tactics that help me beat hackers easily. Unfortunately it requires a person to be skilled and objective enough to make that judgement call.

On-Topic: Is the radio still implemented in the new Reborn patch? Cause CB Radio is down now isn't it? That was used in an early version when I tested it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This thread did get a bit side-tracked yeah, unfortunately I want to add one more thing to that haha xD

I agree that every admin is in their right to do what they want to protect their server, and I don't see much harm in Gotcha's way of doing so. For me, I sometimes spectate the potential hacker, but if I cba to go into spectator or if it's too unclear, I just play against the cheater myself. And really.. that for me is the most effective way to detect a cheater, cause I know what another player can or can't know and I have anti-wh tactics that help me beat hackers easily. Unfortunately it requires a person to be skilled and objective enough to make that judgement call.
    That is my point, sometimes people have a great ping and are great gamers, and can SEEM like a hack. An example of this - a lot of the BuR clan members and other regulars in the Jessi and girls server #3 on SH and BT. All some great players that make some amazing shots at times. My method just ensures I know the difference

On topic, what's this CB Radio? Never seen or used it.

Purple Developer Purple Elephant1au's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gotcha View Post
    And just so you guys know, there's one problem with spectate. I know you're spectating. I don't know about other hacks but mine has a panic button to turn it off immediately. I got tired of suspecting and not being able to see the proof.
    Sorry but have to say something here off topic aswell.

There is a spectate mod that allows a admin that is 'in-game' to spectate a player without actually being in the "spectator" mode so the hacker would be none the wiser and use a 'panic' button.

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :
    103.29.85.127:12203
    xfire: purpleelephant1au
    email: purpleelephant1au@gmail.com
    skydrive: PurpleElephantSkydrive