Thread: Mohaa callvote update

Wenston

Default Mohaa callvote update

Hi,

Any news about the callvote in mohaa game ? seems realy need to be updated when player call a vote its appear 100% and not make average of the other players in the server to make a choice , its just accept the vote even with one player who voted

callvote is good when no admins in server so players can make a vote like to kick a cheater and must be thing edited so other players can add there vote and let all players accept that thing not only one player

The problem is we cant check who have voted yes or no.

If we could, we coud put the others dont have vote to put a vote to no that way would fix the problem.

this has been discussed in another thread
    and RR said that's the way how it's supposed to work

Quote Originally Posted by Razo[R]apiD View Post
    The idea was that when there is voting ON, everybody is invited to vote, but you don't have to vote, but if you don't vote then you have to deal with the outcome of the voting anyway.
    This means that you don't have to vote YES or NO.

So when one players calls a vote - he gets 100% of VOTING population. If somebody else joins voting, he can vote NO and it will be 50/50 of voting population which now is 2 players.

This way you have right to take active role in voting or not.

This system is close to how elections work in most countries IMHO. If only one person would go voting in some country, his/her vote would decide everything.

And this is why callvote has timer, to let other players join voting before "elections" end.

As I understand, you propose to count people who didn't vote at ALL as default NO vote.

I think with this change, you can achieve opposite - no votes will pass ever because majority of players will never care to vote at all. Plus still when somebody is in Spectator mode, passed vote (for example a map change) will have an effect on him, even if he didn't take part in the voting. So still if everybody would be in Spectator except one player - you would still get the same behavior, though is less likely to happen.

Honestly, i think this method needs to be changed and make it work like every other games do, to make it consider all players in calculations, no just the voting ones

I don't understand what you mean "consider all players in calculations, not just the ones voting"? That basically means what RR said in his last sentence... If you want to take everyones vote and assume the default vote will be "yes" or "no", that means that if there are more players that don't vote vs players that do vote; the vote will automatically default. And if a player is in spec or isn't around to actually cast a vote, then you're outnumbered.

@James: Zappa is sayng the game is not seeing the players dont have vote.

I tested today and i see that problem.

I was on the server 2 times when i call the vote to change the map we see this:

Vote YES: 50% Vote NO: 0%

when the time reach 0 the server accept the vote as passed and is not assuming the other player have vote NO.

Has to be:

Vote YES: 50% Vote NO: 50%

This way the vote dont pass because one of the votes is not great more than 50%

Every game assumes the players dont have vote, they have say NO and is logic.

yeah that's what i meant to say
    but of course spectators has to be excluded as they are not playing, just watching.

also you have to consider, some people don't even know there's callvote option in mohaa
    and voting isn't that easy as just pressing F1/F2, you have to write your vote in the console.

cant u make a bind? binds like F1= `+vote yes, would make it much easier for people as 99% wont have a clue how to open console

Quote Originally Posted by Slimbips {sfx} View Post
    cant u make a bind? binds like F1= `+vote yes, would make it much easier for people as 99% wont have a clue how to open console
    yes, but modifying client settings is a bad practice that we should avoid

Wenston

Any news ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zappa View Post
    yes, but modifying client settings is a bad practice that we should avoid
    I agree I use F1 in GeForce Experience to record videos so that would totally mess me up.