Medal of Honor: AA Reborn Patch
From MoH:AA Reborn Wiki
Revision as of 12:48, 2 December 2014 by James
- We would like to welcome you to the Medal of Honor: Allied Assault 1.12 Reborn Patch!
- The MoH Reborn Project has been initiated to revitalizise the Medal of Honor:AA game, for this purpose an unofficial patch for the game has been developed, and is still in progress. This project is a follower of the MoH:AA Reloaded Patch project and old xNULL Project which has been reborn.
- Patch is in constant development for over 2 years now!
- We've managed to release more than 20 beta and RC releases, and few client beta releases available for trusted testers
- There are currently more than 150 Linux and Windows MoH:AA servers running Reborn Patch! Join them today!
Why did you call it Reborn?
- Answer is simple - because we belive that this patch will bring a new life to the whole game, MoH community, and will give MoH:AA a second life so it will be reborn like a phoenix from ashes.
This isn't next dead project that will never come out!
- Our crew and people who are working on the patch aren't directly connected to the Reloaded Project.
- Of course, there are some members that helped in it and who are helping in the current project, but we also have a lot of new, fresh people : (server admins, players, modders etc.) contributing to the patch.
- We don't want to reply old mistakes from previous projects.
- Thats why we call this project a community project, where everyone is invited to participate, bring their support and feedback or even join : Dev Team if they are knowledgeable enough.
- We are working on the patch almost a year now, and released many alpha and beta versions of the patch for people willing to test it and submit bugs or glitches to our Dev Team.
- This is also a reason why we are still here and doing our job - without the help of other people we would never come so far.
- Most of the Realoded files are lost, but some of them survived and are, or will be, used in our patch. Also we use great amount of source code from old xNULL project, reversed game engine and various mods. Thats why we call ourselves followers of those old projects. We should thank all the people that were devoted to those projects, because otherwise, we would have to start from total zero.
From players for players
- It's not like we are more important group of people because of the fact that we are writing the patch. No. We are the same as you are - MoH:AA players!
- In our opinion MoH:AA is the best game and part of MoH series. We think that it's the shame that EA never tried to really patch this game and fix bugs so we decided to take the game in our hands and make it better for us and for you, because we simply love it!
- What's more - we hope that our final product - 100% finished patch, will be in a wide use among the players and server owners.
About the patch
- In this moment we are working on ServerSide part of the patch. We want to add all the missing feautures that were unfinished or should be present in the game. This includes bugs, crash fixes and totally new feautures. What distinguishes our patch and project from old ones is that we don't want to create and provide players with new assets - this can be done later and released separately. What we focus on is bug fixing and implementing anticheat serverside feautures that will protect players from server's abuses and unfair gameplay with cheaters.
- The most important thing is that we try to fix all known bugs and provide anticheat system serverside. This means that cheater without direct and physical access to the server can't bypass them.
- Of course, not everything can be done that way and some of the feautures need to be done clientside.
- The project is divided into a serverside patch and a clientside patch.
- available are beta versions of the serverside patch for Windows and Linux (yes! Linux too!) based servers.
- If you are MoH:AA/SH/BF/PA fan, modder, programmer, player, server admin, or just person interested in this project, then JOIN US and visit our Forum, because as we said - this is a community project where everyone is welcome!