Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JUMPXY not working on Linux

Default JUMPXY not working on Linux

Hi all.

I'm using reborn on linux.

I have a trigger thats doing the jumpxy command. This is working perfectly on windows. On linux, i have an error.

This is the script line:
    local.player jumpxy 320 320 190
    And this is the error that i'm having from the server log every time a player trigger the action that's calling the jumpxycommand
    Reborn TEST: Bad groundEntityNum (1022) for player: Radar
    I don't know if this can help you, but i noticed that when the server boot, i have this line in the log
    Player::JumpXY Address: 0xb24b16d0
    To give you more context, I'll write the whole code trigger
    jump1:

local.static = spawn script_model
    local.static model "static/heat_crate.tik"
    local.static.origin = ( 134.28 2054.28 -448.00 )
    local.static.angles = ( 0 55 0 )
    local.static solid
    local.static nodamage

local.fix = spawn script_model
    local.fix model "static/corona_orange.tik"
    local.fix.origin = ( 2306 1814 -765 )
    local.fix.angles = ( 0 0 0 )
    local.fix.scale = 1.5

local.trig = spawn trigger_multiple
    local.trig.origin = ( 2306 1814 -765 )
    local.trig setsize ( -15 -15 -15 ) ( 15 15 15 )
    local.trig setthread Trigger1
    local.trig wait 0.2
    local.trig delay 0
    end

Trigger1:
    local.player=parm.other
    if(local.player !=NULL || local.player !=NIL)
    {
    local.player jumpxy 320 320 190 // ERROR OCCOURS HERE. The trigger is fired but an error is logged on server log.
    }
    end
    If i use the jump function instead of the jumpxy, everything is working good. But I'll prefer using the jumpxy function because the jump only give elevation (accept only one param).

Last info: if I trigger the action "from up", by jumping over the trigger area, sometimes it works. Like 3/10 times. But ofc, i'd like to execute the "jumpxy" command everytime I touch the trigger area, from every side. As i already said, the trigger it's working: if i change the "jumpxy" with "jump" or with any other action like "kill" or "tele", the trigger is immediatly fired, from every side.

Yes, I believe others have stumbled across this, and I think others were going to investigate as per this link. I'm not sure what was found, if anything.

that is a starting point. At least I'm not alone
    As you said, nothing was found until today.

I'll ask because I'm new: it's better to continue the discussion in my thread or to do it in the thread you just linked? I'm also asking because my thread title is more specific. The thread you linked it's about a "possible trigger error" and then the discussion moves to the fact that JUMPXY is not working on linux (that's not related to the trigger activation I guess).

It's fine to continue here.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

This is a fix that was applied for Linux against crashes. We didn't exactly know how that could happen but it is somehow possible to crash server when jumpxy function is being executed during player state changes. Probably when jumping off the ladder or attempting to landshark.

The function will work OK when player is in the air and doesn't touch any other game entity with his feet.

This is not a perfect fix when I think about it now, so when we migrate Reborn to newer codebase we might go back and revisit this issue and come back with a better fix.

so there is not possibility that I can use today the jumpxy command on linux with reborn patch?
    And also, is reborn until development in this period? There is a public source code repository?

Not a public repo. We're thinking of actually building it from Open MOHAA.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

You can use it if you figure out how to make player be in air before.
    There is a private repo where selected people can make changes.

You can add to player's velocity based on sv_gravity via script and it'll basically mimic jumpxy.
    even more fun, you'll have more control over how the jump will be

Oh that's idea is so interesting. Can you please show me a basic example to merge the jump command with sv_gravity? I guess that sv_gravity should be reset again to the original value after a while? I'm sorry if I'm asking a code sample, I'm very new to MOHAA modding.