Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOH:CS Mod

Default MOH:CS Mod

i dunno if this was the method you used, but i found this https://jkhub.org/tutorials/article/...quake3-engine/

i have CS:S installed so if you have an easiest way to port the maps just tell me what files do you need

Yeah that tool looks similar to what I used. This tool is probably way more updated than the one I used because after exporting I had to manually do some stuff to the map file.

Basically I think I converted CS to bsp, then used the q3bsp2map converter to convert it to a .map file, then I modified the map file and then I loaded it into the mohaa map builder and built it.
    The maps will also look for the textures associated, so you'll need to extract all the CS textures and paths as well for the map.

Looks like this tool will do everything for you though which is super nice.

I have cs on steam and the map files are already bsp files if you want them

Quote Originally Posted by easymeat View Post
    I have cs on steam and the map files are already bsp files if you want them
    bsp maps from source engine are way different from the mohaa ones, that's why you have to convert them.

i tried to convert a map, it works but the textures got messed up.

after converting the .map files with hlq3map_convertor all the textures were replaced with "base_wall/concrete" (dunno why)

and also looks like Crafty is broken since the Steampipe update

here's a video of my first attempt after replacing all the textures with algiers/algierwall1_0

converting textures and models is relatively easy, so the only missing thing to make it work is convert the .map files with the right textures

Right, that's why you need to pull all the CS textures and their relative paths like I mentioned.
    Then just make sure the path of the texture to how it's being referenced to in game is the same and then that should fix your texture issue.

And Zappa is correct, the BSP is completely different than a MOHAA BSP. You guys are on the right path though!
    Once you get this worked out, I'd love to implement a similar weapon store mod like CS has. When you get money you can upgrade your weapons, and buy shields and stuff.

btw, I'm not sure what crafty is.

EDIT:
    Zappa, I just saw your vid! Nice job as a first try, but it looked like some walls you were able to go completely through? Was it just my imagination, or maybe some walls didn't transfer correctly with being "solid" entities?

EDIT2:
    When you get the .map file after you convert it, try opening it up in notepad or some text editor (notepadd++ (recommended)). Then look at the brush details. The brush there should have either a texture or a shader file associated with it.

If it's a texture, you're in luck because you can simply export the texture and as long as the paths are the same then it should render it correctly.

If it's NOT a texture, but a shader file instead, then you need to export all "shaders" from CS as well as the texture. The shader will hold all the textures inside them and some shaders hold additional parameters that are important in the game such as "caulk, whether it's solid or not solid, etc etc..."

As I mentioned earlier, when I made this mod it was a long long time ago, so I can't remember exactly what I did step by step, but I do recall I had to export the textures and make some adjustments in the map before compiling it to a BSP.

I have find the Aztec already converted!
    shot0059.jpg

lol yeah I have it for cod4

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    it looked like some walls you were able to go completely through?
    that non solid walls are trigger entities i forgot to remove

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    When you get the .map file after you convert it, try opening it up in notepad or some text editor (notepadd++ (recommended)). Then look at the brush details. The brush there should have either a texture or a shader file associated with it.
    that's where the problem is.
    hlq3map_convertor is supposed to convert .map files from cs 1.6 (GoldSrc Engine) to Quake 3,
    and when you convert maps from CS:Source (Source Engine), all textures are replaced by "base_wall/concrete" (a Q3 shader)

When using a non converted .map file from css the textures are applied to the brushes, but in a wrong way
    i already have converted some shaders from cs to mohaa to make a test and this is the result.

the textures looks ultra stretched

also i found this thread and this in a call of duty forum, there is a php script to convert CS .vmf files to COD .map files.
    maybe someone of you guys can edit it and make it work with mohaa .map files. that would make things a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleKill View Post
    I have find the Aztec already converted!
    shot0059.jpg
    yeah i remember that map, but that version of aztec is from cs 1.6

The stretch looks like caulk. Caulk is an "invisible" texture that its main purpose is to provide a certain property to the brush.
    If I had CSS I could give this a go, but I don't have the game.
    Are you able to give me a stock CSS map and I'll try doing it myself.
    Also are you able to export the textures from CSS?