Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Anticheat Idea + Source of "Anti-Thirdperson"

I just did moh_spearhead.exe in my Cheat Engine and searched for the Thirdperson stuff...

btw. if you edit the other non-pointer value you can edit it to 1 but in the console its 0, so you could possibly bypass other anticheats o.O

Quote Originally Posted by RyBack View Post
    I was doing an AC but college came and fucked my life. I know almost all techniques to secure a clientside AC.
    Was hoping you had experience or time so I could hook ya up to the project
    If you said that to me, i would have much time im very young, so i just have school x)

But, can you check if an command exists ( via serverscript or something like this ) ? Cuz then you could test if as example cg_3rd_person exists, otherwise it would be hexxed and you can ban him o.O

Best time to learn is when you're only in school; because once you are out of college and real life settles in; other things start to take more precedence in life; although, I can't speak for everyone. I applaud you for trying though. For being new to these boards; and I have no clue how old you are, but what you're doing is good to see around these forums. There is always room for more programmers. Keep it up man!

There are several ways to modify 3rd person. Hex editting the binary is probably the easiest way to go around it. You can also do it via mem editting the binary or through a cgame wrapper/client hook.

I haven't seen it done the way you have it above; nonetheless very nice find and share!

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Hey It's nice to see people messing around with stuff like that I myself started with doing no-recoil hack for MoHAA by modifying a CMP check in code and this is when I contacted James for the first time He was a hack-god for me and I asked him for help I was super excited that he even replied to a maggot like me :P Then after few years we met doing Reborn patch and I was even more excited to know that he even has some polish roots

The reason why console prints "0" is that CVars have a text value, and a number value. The text value is used to display to console, and a numeric one is used during comparisons and acts like a boolean.
    When you set a CVar via console, it updates both values (converting string that you gave to a number if possible). This way game doesn't loose time doing expensive text <-> number conversions every time it needs to make a check in code.
    When you change the numeric value yourself, the text one stays untouched.

Oh guys It sounds all so nice btw. im 12 ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Razo[R]apiD View Post
    Hey It's nice to see people messing around with stuff like that I myself started with doing no-recoil hack for MoHAA by modifying a CMP check in code and this is when I contacted James for the first time He was a hack-god for me and I asked him for help I was super excited that he even replied to a maggot like me :P Then after few years we met doing Reborn patch and I was even more excited to know that he even has some polish roots

The reason why console prints "0" is that CVars have a text value, and a number value. The text value is used to display to console, and a numeric one is used during comparisons and acts like a boolean.
    When you set a CVar via console, it updates both values (converting string that you gave to a number if possible). This way game doesn't loose time doing expensive text <-> number conversions every time it needs to make a check in code.
    When you change the numeric value yourself, the text one stays untouched.
    Oh gosh nice story, dude I also thought that there were just one Display Value and the real

Oh, guys: i found 6 pointers X,Y,Z for me and X,Y,Z for my enemy... so basicly someone could do something like an external radar lol

Thats some 2 min shit x) But it would work.

WOW!!! 12 years old! Well I applaud you man! I didn't start programming till I was a junior/senior in high school. I def think the younger you start the easier it is to pick up on things! If you need help we'll help out along the way, just keep at it man! I can't believe you're actually picking up ASM at age 12 haha. I didn't start doing that till college and I understand a bit, but not as much as I'd like to know haha.

^^RR, that story is funny. You def give me way tooo much credit ahaha. Now I'm the maggot and you're the MOHAA guru! :P I can't remember the no-recoil story though. Was that on GD?