Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Log File Default Location Linux

Default Log File Default Location Linux

I'm not sure if MOHAA can do this already or not, but I've noticed that on Linux (LINUX ONLY), MOHAA's logfile is located in a hidden directory in the user's home folder /home/user/.mohaa

Can we have it store the log in the qconsole.log file that is in the main directory from where the server executable is running? I'm not even sure why linux does this to begin with, and it's really annoying. It should log all information in the qconsole.log file rather than in a log file located in a hidden directory...

hi own3mall...
    i think it depends on server host ,i am with gameservers and all logs are in main.
    previously with elitserve the log was in the .mohaa hidden folder .
    =COH=Ubersoldier/Dax
    mess with the best ,die like the rest !!!

I own my servers which are in datacenters, and I can tell you, that my log file is always stored in the the hidden directory of my main user account in .mohaa and this is so annoying... how do we make it log in qconsole.log in the MAIN directory for the server on Linux?

hi again ...
    the best people to ask would be the ones who maintain the servers in the datacenter,i.e support .
    they will be more conversant with the iteration of linux on your boxes and how to change the default folder structure.
    edit*** if its any help this is from our server log :/home/clanbot/.mohaa/main
    which suggests to me that the main folder is stored in the hidden folder >.mohaa !!!! ???
    Last edited by dax; September 16th, 2012 at 07:08 AM. Reason: edit
    =COH=Ubersoldier/Dax
    mess with the best ,die like the rest !!!

Hey All,

I tested these settings I found in the server cfg page on the wiki, and it doesn't work. Log file is still in .mohaa hidden directory.

Code:
    seta fs_basepath .
    seta fs_userpath /log
    seta fs_outputpath /log
    seta logfilename "qconsole.log" //deactivated
    // seta writeconfig "config.log" //deactivated
    seta logfile 3
    seta g_logSync "1"
    seta sv_chatter 1

Also, I noticed that only 1 logfile is kept in the /home/user/.mohaa/qconsole.log. However, I run several servers on my box, and it would be nice if they could place the log file in its normal mohaa/main/qconsole.log file. Could this be fixed? Affects Linux only

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Maybe your linux changes the working directory? As far as I know, you can change the name of the logfile too.

Quote Originally Posted by Razo[R]apiD View Post
    Maybe your linux changes the working directory? As far as I know, you can change the name of the logfile too.
    Perhaps I am not using the correct syntax? I've tried:

Code:
    seta fs_basepath .
    seta logfilename "qconsole.log"
    seta logfile 3
    seta g_logSync "1"
    seta sv_chatter 1
    On all of my servers, and it does not appear to work. The /home/user/.mohaa directory only has 1 log file

Have you tried it on Ubuntu? Can anyone else please confirm if this works or not?

I've noticed that other Q3 based games I host on my Linux server also do the same thing

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

This is your Ubuntu settings issue. Ubuntu probably does the same thing as Win7 does, it moves application data files to special directory (AppData on Win7), so they don't write files to directories that could be accessed by other users. You have to ask on Ubuntu forums.

OK, I'll see what I can find. Thanks! I'll update this thread when I do... when I have time