Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purple Clan Tags

Purple Developer Purple Elephant1au's Avatar

Default Purple Clan Tags

Ok Hi Guys,

I Have decided to create my own clan tags mod based off the older one made By DUST
    Since i few people have been having trouble with it.

Code:
    /*
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Purple Clan Tags Mod
    v1.00 12/01/2015

Usage:

Place the mod in your server
    Execute the following line either from dmprecache.scr or from the indiviudal map.scr
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    exec global/purple_clantags.scr local.word local.origin local.angles local.scale local.model
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parameters:
    local.word = The word you want to Display , ie "Purple Rocks" DEFAULT is "Purple Rocks"
    local.origin = Where you want it to start from [REQUIRED]
    local.angles = The angles you want it to go [REQUIRED]
    local.scale = The scale of the objects, Dont go too high DEFAULT is 2
    local.model = The model you wish to use, stick to coronas or similar, DEFAULT is "fx/corona_red.tik"

Example: V2 in Allie Spawn
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    exec global/purple_clantags.scr "Purple" ( -800.35 1567.34 111.12 ) ( 0 -90 0 ) 2 "fx/corona_red.tik"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Displayed Word can included the following Characters ( will add more if needed ):

A - Z  All Uppercase ( no lowercase atm )
    $ ( Dollar Sign )
    ! ( Exclaimation Mark )
    ^ ( Whatever that is Shift + 6 ) 
    * ( Asterisks )
    [ ] ( Both Square Brackets
    "  " ( Spaces ) 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok guys, the more words the more models will need to be spawned, so bear that in mind on your server. It includes a model count once each iteration is done, so each execution

ALSO NOTE: Due to the way the Angles are done, using the rotate command, each letter will be spawned the then rotated, depending on your gametype and length of word, it might take alittle while for all the letters to be in their correct positions, but it does look cool as they rotate :P 

Credits:
    Mod Based off original by Dust(dustmidlands@hotmail.com)
    Re-done and expanded by Purple Elephant (purpleelephant1au@gmail.com)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    */
    Feedback is always appreciated, But please read the readme.txt before posting that it doesnt work for you..

If you want more characters added to the list, i can, but... you can figure it out :P

I will add more effects like the other had like Flashing letters, fireworks, black sky etc later maybe, been looking at screen to much today lol
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Purple Elephant1au; January 12th, 2015 at 01:50 AM.

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :
    103.29.85.127:12203
    xfire: purpleelephant1au
    email: purpleelephant1au@gmail.com
    skydrive: PurpleElephantSkydrive

Sure look more simple than the 1 I been working with for the last week, it works now but man what a chore.I got it all working then found out it wouldn't run server side with Admin Pro, had to remove the strings.scr from admin pro and use the 1 in reborn.pk3, or was it the other way around? beats me all I know is my head hurts from thinking about it.

using the rotate command
    what's this?

Attachment 1243Hey hope you don't mind but I added more colors blue....green....yellow and purple. just add the folders in zip to the pk3 and change this to the tik for the color you want.
    exec global/purple_clantags.scr "Night Stalkers" ( -2220 1599 668 ) ( 0 0 0 ) 2 "fx/corona_yellow.tik" ( fx/corona_blue.tik ) use "static/corona_util.tik" for white etc.
    Last edited by easymeat; January 12th, 2015 at 12:59 PM.

Yea but remember if those models arnt present in MOHAA, so it wont work for AA, unless you have them clientside aswell

You could use any models you want in place of 'fx/corona_red.tik' , i used a toilet just to see the results, didnt work out too good, toilets are too big lol

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :

lol so that why it doesn't work server side....lmao never even gave that a thought oh well I had fun doing it, sitting scratching my but tring to figure out why it don't work on server
    Last edited by easymeat; January 12th, 2015 at 04:21 PM.

Can I fix it so they don't rotate?

They only rotate to get to the correct angles, then they stop, if you want to only have them set at 1 angle ( 0 0 0 ) then you can always just blank out the rotate part. Since settings the angles on the objects does change it for some reason, same as the rotateto (angle) doesnt work at all. Only the rotate(axis) which keeps it going will actually turn them, just then stops when its at the right angle

Just blank off the below, but just watch the end local.center at the bottom of it,

/*
    // Rotates Letter to correct angles
    local.center rotatey 90
    local.center rotatex 90
    local.center rotatez 90

while(1)
    {
    if(local.center.angles[0] == local.angles[0])
    local.center rotatex 0

if(local.center.angles[1] == local.angles[1])
    local.center rotatey 0

if(local.center.angles[2] == local.angles[2])
    local.center rotatez 0

if(local.angles == local.center.angles)
    break

waitframe
    }
    */

I think the rotating to get in position looks awesome lol

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :

I think the rotating to get in position looks awesome lol
    i was just going to ask , why don't u just cast the angles xD
    Last edited by RyBack; January 13th, 2015 at 01:11 AM.

well it lags like hell until all the letters rotate so I figure to see if that's whats causeing it.

Well it doesnt lag for me when im using it lol try delaying the script about 30 seconds to rule out any other mods that could be running at the same time

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :